Sparkplugs and Plug Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparkplugs and Plug Wires

What changes (if any) would I need to make to use regular sparkplugs and plug wires on my M37? It is still 24 volt, has the waterproof plugs and wires on it right now, but I know I'm going to need to replace at least a few of the wires and all of the plugs. I thought that I would try to use standard plugs and wires on it in order to save money for other, more pressing parts for the truck?

Personally I'd stay with the Waterproof ignition and plugs if you are keeping the original engine. I have a 52 M37 and the only thing I would do ignition wise is put in a pertronix electronic module in it. If you plan to keep the engine the waterproof set looks great and is actually waterproof. Handy in a heavy rain or the unexpected "deeper than you expected" creek.
    If you want to change to conventional system but keep 24v, that's gonna take 24V distributer, oil pump out of a civillian engine (could swap distributer drives off the original, but 50/50 shot of getting 180 out).
    If you only need the wires to bump it around the shop you can really rigg it up and just push in stripped back ignition wire in the distributor and plugs. That won't be pretty and I wouldn't drive it around the block, but it would get you in and out of the driveway.

Comment

Working...
    X