Cry baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cry baby

I dont mean to be a cry baby but has anyone out there ever sent a photo of their truck to a friend in an email and they get back to you and say " nice looking JEEP !"

I actually had a man , not a woman at a car show ask where I got the neat old JEEP.
    A woman saying that, well OK to them anything Olive Drab and square looking that is not a Tank is a Jeep.

Did Willys ever make any M37's?

Originally posted by Kaiser2boy View Post
    I dont mean to be a cry baby but has anyone out there ever sent a photo of their truck to a friend in an email and they get back to you and say " nice looking JEEP !"

I actually had a man , not a woman at a car show ask where I got the neat old JEEP.
    A woman saying that, well OK to them anything Olive Drab and square looking that is not a Tank is a Jeep.

Did Willys ever make any M37's?
    Maybe you should take a drive in your Jeep to blow off some steam.

Comment

I got that line about my 3/4 ton command car, too.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

mine is parked up by then end of my drive since it's my plow truck and people say stuff like that. or ask what is it. But everybody is always always surprised to find it just has a flathead 6 in it.

Comment

Originally posted by gusbratz View Post
          mine is parked up by then end of my drive since it's my plow truck and people say stuff like that. or ask what is it. But everybody is always always surprised to find it just has a flathead 6 in it.
          I have had people ask what it is also. They remark that it is sure a rugged looking animal and then they ask what size engine is in there. When I say its a booming 230 cu in flathead 6 they get quiet as if they are figuring they did not hear me right or that I am some how saddly wrong. When I see that reaction I normally add "the turck is a real Tiger, it will do 5 MPH in first gear. Then their expression goes from thinking I am wrong to thinking I am just plain crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by JStinson View Post
            Maybe you should take a drive in your Jeep to blow off some steam.
            Ha Ha Ha, It take a lot more than that to get me steamed anymore. I just smile at them and appreciate the fact that they enjoyed seeing it.

At one show as a fellow was looking at my"JEEP" as he called it and up pulls a real Jeep and I saw him look back and forth at the two. I said, "thats a Jeep". He said Ah yes. We both had a laugh.

Comment

I've got 2 1/2 ton military truck made by Jeep, but some how nobody has ever called it a Jeep? Like you said, at least they enjoy our hobby.

Comment

A friend and I were at a car show a few years ago looking at an M37 when a younger guy told the owner of the M37 "nice jeep". The owner replied "son this is an M37, it's like a jeep but built by Dodge for men" We still joke about that sometimes when talking trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by nortonscustom View Post
                  A friend and I were at a car show a few years ago looking at an M37 when a younger guy told the owner of the M37 "nice jeep". The owner replied "son this is an M37, it's like a jeep but built by Dodge for men" We still joke about that sometimes when talking trucks.
                  An old Navy guy told me once how to tell a BOAT from a SHIP. He said " you can put a boat on a ship but you cant put a ship on a boat.
                  So I guess it follows that you can put a jeep on an M37 but not so the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by nortonscustom View Post
                    "built by Dodge for men"
                    hahahahaha, this made me snort.

Comment

We were hauling an M37 home today. Stopped to gas up, older gentleman at the pump next to us said "Is that an old willis?"

Comment

I should not pick on people that dont really know what it is I guess. I should be happy they take notice that it is not just another thing on wheels.
                        I never get tired of the double takes I see people do when we roll through town. It never fails to get a few horn beeps or waves or thumbs up signs. And for every one person that has no idea what it is there are ten that just stop and look and say Wow, where did you get that or they say Man I spent a lot of time bouncing around in one of them in the service and I reply "me too" and the conversation goes on.

Comment

My wife generally knows 3 terms, Jeep, car and van. Sometimes she will say SUV or truck.

Comment

Two quotes....

"Everyone is ignorant, just in different subjects" Will Rogers
                            "Ignorance can be cured, stupid is forever..." unknown

It is our responsibility to educate those willing to learn. Just because someone asks me "what year my Ford Panel is", opens a moment to educate him on DDCP history. Just that they ask is great, it is better the younger they are.
                            IMHO
                            DrPepper

Comment

I don't sense that kids are as interested in automotive matters as much as they once were. Am I wrong?

I have to admit, I think automobiles are less interesting than they were when I was a kid.
                              Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
                              X