It's a sickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a sickness

A couple of days ago, I started looking around at the doors and bed and that kind of stuff. I was getting pretty frustrated, because the bed was dinged up and rough, the doors were rough and dented all to torment and back. The steps were rough. It was clear that I was going to have to either acquire the body skills of a magician or find a good straight parts truck.

Craigslist.

My problem now is this: This truck is in SIGNIFICANTLY better shape than my current project. It's night and day. It was a civil defense truck, 27,022 miles. Very unmolested. Even has some tools in the toolbox still.

Trouble is, the engine is stuck. Will try to free it, then decide what to do about the restoration. Dude threw in a complete engine gasket set for it that he bought from NAPA. I'm thinking about taking the best parts from each truck and making one good truck.

I'll post more pictures later.

Yes, but it's a good sickness.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

more more more!!!!

I feel yah, I own four vehicles now.. two of which are MVs. Could be why I'm not married.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
        Yes, but it's a good sickness.
        The best.

Comment

More pictures

I got extremely lucky with this truck. The cab, under the hideous homemade lid, is a complete frame for a canvas top. The bed had a set of side panels and a set of troop seats. Not to mention a pioneer rack and two new STA Superlugs.

That last picture really blew my mind. I opened the toolbox door and blamo, still had tools in it.

Comment

I set out this morning in hopes of freeing the engine. So, I figured changing the oil was a good starting point. I got the plug out and it puked a solid gallon of the prettiest gas/oil mixture you've ever seen. It still has the mechanical pump on it. I guess the fuel pump failed and dumped gas into the block.

Guess we know why it's frozen now.

Comment

It looks pretty original under the hood. It would be a good time to take an array of photos to show all the metal lines and wiring connections.

My M37 had the carburetor replaced with a GM carburetor, all those lines removed, and a cobbled throttle linkage put in place. It would be nice to see some detailed photos of all that.

Assuming you have time and an inclination. I say this because you demonstrate you are a good photographer....

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                It looks pretty original under the hood. It would be a good time to take an array of photos to show all the metal lines and wiring connections.

My M37 had the carburetor replaced with a GM carburetor, all those lines removed, and a cobbled throttle linkage put in place. It would be nice to see some detailed photos of all that.

Assuming you have time and an inclination. I say this because you demonstrate you are a good photographer....

:-)
                Interesting, my first M37 also had a GM carburetor on it. Rochester.

I would be happy to take a detailed array of pictures. This truck is the most original I've ever seen. Right down to the mechanical fuel pump and heat shield. Original wiring harness, etc. I'll take a bunch of pictures and start a new thread.

Comment

Wonderful!

Comment

Abnormal

This truck is nothing short of a miracle. Take a look at the bed floor:

The sides are as straight as an arrow too. I'm still reeling from how solid this truck is.

Comment

Originally posted by JStinson View Post
                      The best.

Ron Paul,, Hmmm. Ineresting guy.

Comment

Originally posted by JStinson View Post
                        The best.

Like the Ron Paul.....

Comment

Working...
                        X