Any M37 with a 318 engine in it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any M37 with a 318 engine in it?

Sorry for the dumb question, but is there a way to search the M-Series Dodge panel for M37 equipped with a 318 cu in engine? Thanks.

What do you mean by "search the M-Series Dodge panel"?

I've as others have, installed a 318 in my M37, and there is some info on the Kit Ray used to sell here: 1952-1968 M37 Small Block V8 Conversion
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

I should have referred to the "M-Series Dodge — M37, M42, M43, V41, M601 forum"

Thanks for the link, W_A_Watson_II. This is a good starting point. I am looking for info on the PWA forum on the installation of a 318 cu in engine in a 1952 M37. This is a long shot. The truck is more parts than truck : no engine, no transmission, no front bumper, missing one half of the windshield, no seat and severe rust in the bed. As you read this, it is several hundred kilometers away from me, in a neighbouring province. But the seller is ready to go through a lot of trouble so the truck ends up in the hands of a Dodge fan. Hard to believe, but the truck still has troop seats. My hearth pounds as I visualize having my first flat fender, right here in he driveway. Yes, I might kick myself later on as I realize all that needs to be done. But I'm a patient man.

About my search, I was trying with the key words "M37 " and "318", but I didn't get any results. I might be set for a lesson in searching the PWA forums. And you can call me Daniel. Thanks again for the link.

Comment

Look in the archives, too, as most of the content is there. You have access as a subscriber.

You can also search the site by using a string like this on Google:

318 site:powerwagonadvertiser.com

That will search for 318 on this site.

Substitute other terms for 318 like conversion.

That would be conversion site:powerwagonadvertiser.com
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

A guy on Steel Soldiers has a nice 318 with disc brakes for sale.
          http://www.steelsoldiers.com/vehicle...ustom-m37.html

Comment

Came in at 10:00 at night two weeks ago - my first ff Power Wagon

No engine, no transmission. Rear axles have been pulled off but I bet they are the pair of loose axles that came with the truck.
            Attached Files

Comment

Bones
              I just bought that M37 on Steelsoldiers. Trying to get it here now.
              One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Comment

Working...
              X