M37 BAD wiring problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M37 BAD wiring problem

Okay, I got a problem with my wiring on a M37 I am rebuilding to sell, even have the buyer. The motor was so far out of timing when I bought it, I had to pull the head to time it enough to kick it off and then adjust. Figured okay, well on the way, until I tried to get the light circuit to work. Didn't have jack, so bought a NOS light switch, still nothing, so pulled the light switch, and figured to jump to the different plugs to see where the problem was. Decided to hit the dash lights first. Had fire on the incoming, jumped to B for the dash, as soon as I did, my test light went out. So I pulled the dash, unplugged the dash feed and got back my 24, plugged it back in, leaving enough to put the test light back on the wire, and the light went out. So I did a direct feed, bypassing the circuit breakers, and plugged it in, I heard a faint clicking and a very dim light, but not to the dash. Then I tried going to a headlight, but this time using a meter. Had 24 after I unplugged, but as soon as I plugged it back in, it dropped to around 5. I gotta be grounding out somewhere, but at this point, not sure where to look. Hoping, someone will say, hey stupid do this and you will fix it. I,m not a complete novice on this, with four jeeps, three M37s, a 5/4 ton and a WC53 in all stages of running and rebuild, but, guys, this one, I need some help...Thanks to all...Eric
Working...
X