It's a contagious sickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a contagious sickness

Seeing JStinson's post about his parts truck a few months back got me thinking what an awesome idea that was. Which lead me to Craigslist. Which of course lead me to this:

1964 M37 B2 Marine variant (I think).

Found a guy named Eric who was getting out of the MV scene. He had made some nice progress, especially with the body. He had an extra cab in great shape and had already taken apart the bed/toolbox. Everything was in great shape. The best part is it runs! We drove it on to the trailer.

There you can see the extra cab I got.

My super crazy insanity face. I had to work the throttle while Eric manned the wheel and clutch.

Lining it up with the trailer

I think Eric is in his last minutes of glory here

All loaded up

Comment

One last photo before we went. That's my girlfriend and I on the left, Eric and his wife on the right. I promised him I would bring it back when I am finished so we can take a spin.

What I didn't get pictures of was all the extra parts in the back on my M-Haul. I think I have something like four hoods now, three cabs, two engines, etc etc. I'm hoping that I can build at least one truck out of everything. Maybe I will do a Frankenstein truck in the end with all the leftover parts. Hmm, I still have that Dodge 318........

Comment

Great photos! Dodges are great fun, as you discover. It is fun following your story.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

WOW, great find and story/photo's.
          I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
          Will
          WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
          1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
          1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
          1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
          2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Good work!

Looks like you did pretty good. Congratulations.

There are no known cures for this particular strain of sickness. Like all sicknesses, the bank account suffers along with the patient.

Good luck, looking forward to your adventures.

Comment

Originally posted by JStinson View Post
              Looks like you did pretty good. Congratulations.

There are no known cures for this particular strain of sickness. Like all sicknesses, the bank account suffers along with the patient.

Good luck, looking forward to your adventures.
              The only cure is More Power Wagon

Comment

I got a fever, and the only cure is...

More Power Wagon.

Needs a Christopher Walken accent.

Comment

Cure? We don't want no stinkin cure! Cool score!

Comment

great find and pics

Yes, this is a fully qualified obsession. I'm in pikesville md with a wm300 nearing end of restoration. Best of luck with the project. If u need them id be happy to share my local resto contacts.

Comment

Very cool! And yes, it is an obsession!
                      1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by im02crazy View Post
                        Yes, this is a fully qualified obsession. I'm in pikesville md with a wm300 nearing end of restoration. Best of luck with the project. If u need them id be happy to share my local resto contacts.
                        I think we have spoken a few times, we need to meet up for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Alxj64 View Post
                          Very cool! And yes, it is an obsession!
                          yep it sure is an obsession, no know cure,this is one that i dont want to be cured. the only problem i have is deciding which one to drive.i drive them to work almost daily, even take my 52 xm 211 to work steve

Comment

"It's a contagious sickness"
                            I've been sick ever since I got my first M37 in 1971, had 6 of them and still own 2 but not these. If I'm going to be sick with something this is the one to have.

Last edited by carter davidson; 02-24-2012, 03:44 PM. Reason: Pic

Comment

Originally posted by carter davidson View Post
                              "It's a contagious sickness"
                              I've been sick ever since I got my first M37 in 1971, had 6 of them and still own 2 but not these. If I'm going to be sick with something this is the one to have.

Well said Carter. When you are ready let's set up a time to catch up.

Comment

Working...
                              X