Canvas top straps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canvas top straps?

This may sound dumb, but I can't figure out how the canvas straps that go from the windshield to the top bow on my canvas top should work.

It's obvious where they hook up to, but I can't figure out how they are supposed to keep the top tight with the loops in the middle of the top. The loops are big 4-5" loops they pass through and it seems the top is just going to flap up and down with big loose loops like that.

Anyone have any pics of how your supposed to get em through the loops and tighten things up??

My truck had a home made metal top on it I cut off so I have never actually seen a properly installed set of straps.

All the M37s I have had were equipped with soft tops which all flapped in the wind even though all had straps. I think the straps were designed to pervent rain water from ponding on the top when the truck was parked and not to eliminate flaping while driving. Take a look at Jared's video of my truck when we went for a drive and you can hear the canvas beating in the wind.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1107230...eat=directlink
    Last edited by carter davidson; 02-24-2012, 03:29 PM. Reason: Changed m37 to M37

Comment

Carter, I noticed in one of your photos that you replaced the rubber between the front fenders and the side covers . Yours looks good. Where did you get the strips?
      I ordered some from VPW and it must have been made from an endless roll that left a permenent curve in it. It worked OK for one side but the other side had to be bent against the way it was made and that caused it to pucker up like cooked bacon and look like the devil.
      I dont mean to high-jack this post sorry.

Comment

I got them from Memphis Equipment years ago, they may still have some, call them and asking however there parts are not cheap.

http://www.memphisequipment.com/services.aspx

Comment

Working...
        X