Bed Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed Lift

Has anyone lifted the bed and cab an inch or two? If so any pictures?

bed lift

do you mean a body lift? usually aluminum or plastic spacers you install?

Comment

Yes I do mean a body lift, I would have to mount the brake and clutch pedals to the firewall. I cannot see any other major issues.

Comment

Are you doing this for tire clearance?
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I am looking at options if I have clearence issues when installing the 350 small block. The frame came up over an inch when the 230 was removed I have not gotten to the point of dry fitting in the new engine and transmission I should be doing it later this month.

Comment

body lift

I wouldn't go more than an inch, will probably screw up the throw on the e brake handle and your transfer levers if you ligt it too much. I had a friend with an 84 w200 with a 3 inch body lift, he frequently snapped the rear bed bolts, clutch linkage fell apart once in a while, he had to install an electric fan for the radiator, there were a lot of issues

Comment

I would keep it to a minimum as far as the lift goes, with the new five speed transmission I will need to make a new mount for the transfer case levers.

Comment

steering

could also cause some issues with the stock steering column,

Comment

I have yet to see a body/bed lift on an M37 due to an engine/trans swap - no lift on 318/360 Dodge swaps, or on Cummins 4BT/ZF 5-speed, or small-block Chevy or GM 6.2 Diesel swaps.

'Tanner'

Comment

Working...
                  X