Radiator Cap Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Cap Number

Anybody have a part number to get a M-37 radiator cap. I would prefer the older round style; not the newer style with the 2 ears on the side?
    Thanks

Originally posted by Denis View Post
    Anybody have a part number to get a M-37 radiator cap. I would prefer the older round style; not the newer style with the 2 ears on the side?
    Thanks
    We have original style caps, however the round ones you speak of are not original. The one you say you don't want is the original type.

Comment

Radiator cap

Charles;

That's interesting about the caps. All the old Dodge trucks I have seen, military or civilian, had the round caps. I have a truck I'm parting out now; which I'm positive came from the military in the mid to late 50's and has not run or been touched since. It has the round style cap with the arrows and the words tighten and remove. I checked the Ord 9 I have and the cap in the picture does indeed look like the type with the 2 ears.

I would appreciate a number for the caps you have.

Thanks

Denis

Comment

Originally posted by Denis View Post
        Charles;

That's interesting about the caps. All the old Dodge trucks I have seen, military or civilian, had the round caps. I have a truck I'm parting out now; which I'm positive came from the military in the mid to late 50's and has not run or been touched since. It has the round style cap with the arrows and the words tighten and remove. I checked the Ord 9 I have and the cap in the picture does indeed look like the type with the 2 ears.

I would appreciate a number for the caps you have.

Thanks

Denis
        Spare parts were supplied to the military from many different suppliers over the years. All didn't look the same, but suppossedly met specs required by the military. This is true with many items. Either type would be considered correct on the truck. The type with 2 ears was original when they rolled off the line though.

Comment

Working...
        X