Transfer Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Rebuild

My transfer is tore down and now I need parts. The truck is a M-37 1951; I'll have to get a gasket and bearing set , output shaft with intergal gear, input shaft gear,and a input shaft. Where would be a good place to look for these parts?

Have you checked Vintage Power Wagons or Midwest Military?

Comment

I got parts for my NP-200 from DC Truck Parts in Orgegon. Good prices on the used gears. I also learned a few things talking to him on the phone. This input shaft apparently has been upgraded since 1956, the newer one has more surface area for the teeth when engaged.

http://www.jobrated.com/

Wayne
      Attached Files

Comment

Part numbers...

I also got my rebuild kit from jobrated.com, I think I also got an input shaft from ablinn.

Here is some additional info and part numbers:

http://blog.gieselman.com/post/NP200...e-Rebuild.aspx

I got stainless steel shift shafts from M Series Rebuild along with a thrust washer, kind of pricey though.

Comment

transfer rebuild

I got my parts from jobrated also. I talked to him over the phone and he was very helpful with info about the rebuild.

Comment

Kind of pricey?? This is true

The stainless shifter shafts and the 4140 hardened splined thrust washers are on the pricey side; but with good reason. All this stuff is brand new custom manufactured parts. The vast majority of oil leaking around the shift shaft seals is due to rust pitting on the shaft at the seal mating area. If this is present, it is worthless to install a new seal, as it won't seal against a rust pitted shaft. The stainless steel custom shafts will never rust, so this issue is taken care of once and for all. The original splined thrust washer is a cast part, and will simply break easily or crush into tiny pieces. Our repro's are made of 4140 alloy, and are heat treated to the hardness of bearing steel on the rockwell scale to the exact specs of the original. They will not break or crush like the very common issue with the cast originals. This is a difficult to manufacture part that is virtually impossible to find as original; believe me, I searched the world over for them before getting the first run made.

We build the NP200 cases often for our own project trucks, and find that a good many need this part. The price we have to charge for these parts is not cheap, nothing that is a quality custom manufactured part is; but we can build or furnish parts so you can build a top quality case that doesn't leak oil when it rolls out the door or even years later.

Comment

Working...
            X