A day at the parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day at the parade

Saturday my wife and I drove the M37 in the Laurer Day Festival Parade in Wellsboro Pa. It was a great parade and a super day.
    It was real nice to see several old timers with their VFW hats on or thier old Army uniforms on sitting watching the parade and as we went by they smiled and saluted. We saluted back and they all smiled again. One little boy about ten ran along side saying what a great truck we had I thanked him and he yelled back ,,CAN I HAVE It?? I yelled back " yes in about ten years. His face lit up and he ran back to his dad that was laughing his head off.
    Many people on the side lines came up and said,THANK YOU, We replied your well come. We were wondering why they kept saying it. The parade slowed to a stop and another woman said thank you. I politly asked her why she said thank you, she replied , thank you for being in our parade and bringing you nice old truck for us to admire.
    Ah yes , small town USA, I love it..

pics?

Comment

Two things, We did bring my camera but got caught up in all the waving and people asking questions we flat out forgot to take any photos.
      Second thing I have tried to post photos on this site with no luck. I tried Photobucket and the photos showed up very tiny and a waste of time.

About the parade, I got a phone call from the Wellsboro Chamber of Commerce wanting to know my name and address. I asked why? The woman said they need it so they can send the check!
      I paused a bit and asked ,,what check? She says, "you won best antique truck". I had no idea there even was a contest. I asked her to please send me the certificate but to please send the money to some local charity. She did.
      I actually made mention in the Wellsboro Gazette paper Ha ha ha..

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser2boy View Post
        Two things, We did bring my camera but got caught up in all the waving and people asking questions we flat out forgot to take any photos.
        Second thing I have tried to post photos on this site with no luck. I tried Photobucket and the photos showed up very tiny and a waste of time.

About the parade, I got a phone call from the Wellsboro Chamber of Commerce wanting to know my name and address. I asked why? The woman said they need it so they can send the check!
        I paused a bit and asked ,,what check? She says, "you won best antique truck". I had no idea there even was a contest. I asked her to please send me the certificate but to please send the money to some local charity. She did.
        I actually made mention in the Wellsboro Gazette paper Ha ha ha..
        Sweet! Just out of curiosity, how much was the prize?

Comment

The prize,, now before I tell you keep in mind its not the Macys Day Parade in New York City . Its Wellsboro Pa. a town you can walk end to end and back in 20 minutes and that includes stopping to talk a few times.

The prize was,,,,,$25. and a cerfificate from the town. The real prize was seeing so many people that really enjoyed seeing the old truck and the young boy that wanted it.

Comment

Nice going Kaiser2boy, Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
            X