Electrical problem need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funny what .005 will do....

when I was a kid my Dad did auto repair on the side and a guy had him install a reman engine in his Ford. My Dad wanted to rebuild the old engine but the customer insisted it would be quicker...! The job probably would have been quicker but the rebuilder ground the crank mains .005 off center. Started OK but idled rough, when you revved it up the entire car shook so bad the instruments were a blurr. Dial indicator on the flywheel told the story. I still remember how PO'd he was when the rebuilder told him they were only going to exchange the crank and bearings.
    Ahhh, boring old stories...now to install my engine...!!!
    DrPepper

Comment

Wow.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

The rebuild is only as good as the rebuilder. Not to drag on but last year I went through a lot of trouble trying to get my brakes to work after instaling a " new" master cylinder. After a lot of tinkering I found that the stop ring was missing from the MC and it allowed the plunger to move forward too far and all pedal would be lost.

Comment

I have always disassembled new wheel cylinders to verify they are assembled correctly. The vast majority of them are. A very few are not.
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I really dont like to pull apart new stuff. Most stuff you get will say "warranty void if dissasembled". So hold my breath and trust.
            Most times the trust holds. Now and then not. That said the 1 out of 100 times you get stung really gets the smoke coming out of my ears. I cant count how many times I have hissed between my teeth " Boy I wish I had the SOB that built this right here right now ".

Comment

Working...
            X