M37 fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dwilson View Post
    10-4 on the rationale. Begs the question of having enough fuel in the "carb" to get the engine running to build oil pressure. I suppose if you crank it long enough...it might build enough oil pressure to start the engine. How about that?
    We always install a primer switch so the electric pump can be activated by push button in the event you run out of fuel etc, so priming the carb is easy & takes just seconds once the tank is filled again. Very simple to do right along with initial pump installation.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Talbert View Post
      We always install a primer switch so the electric pump can be activated by push button in the event you run out of fuel etc, so priming the carb is easy & takes just seconds once the tank is filled again. Very simple to do right along with initial pump installation.
      A momentary switch?
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
        A momentary switch?
        I always use a heavy duty push button switch with water proof cover & silver contacts, life expectancy is far longer & you don't have problems if the need arises to keep it activated for longer than a moment.

Comment

I put the civilian mechanical pump on mine. I have had good luck with them and they are still easy to get. I took off an electric pump that had to tapped on to get it to go. I am sure I could have put on a better electric pump but I tend to lean to the simple. Welder

Comment

Initial startup with electric pump

Originally posted by dwilson View Post
            10-4 on the rationale. Begs the question of having enough fuel in the "carb" to get the engine running to build oil pressure. I suppose if you crank it long enough...it might build enough oil pressure to start the engine. How about that?
            My pump (the same Charles uses) is supplied through a pressure switch (although it's more like 5 PSI ... I've forgotten exactly how much). I also installed a wire from my starter through an appropriately oversized diode (keep current flowing in one direction) to the pump. That way, the pump is powered while I am pushing the starter pedal and when the oil pressure is above 5 PSI (or whatever).

Comment

fuel pump

Can I get a part number for the 24v Walbro pump?? Were did you mount it? I am going to need a filter too I have a dirty tank. any reccomondations??

Can I get the Walboro at NAPA??

Comment

Working...
              X