Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member with WC

Hi everyone,
    I just purchased a Dodge WC serial no. 8680768. It has not run for 7 years and people have helped themselves to the bed and seats along with other small items. Can a helpful member with experience help identify what year my truck was built and let me know which direction to go in the rebuilding process. The engine turns over by hand and the drivetrain is original and complete. I would like to post a picture but don't know how.
    Thank You, Ed

Go here and type it in.

http://www.t137.com/registry/help/decode.php

Comment

Thank you,
      Ed

Comment

Send me some pics and I'll post them for you. You need to be premium forum subscriber or subscribe to the magazine to post pictures.

kknglenn at yahoo dot com

Comment

Hi Ed, to post pictures, all you have to do is upload them onto Photobucket or a simular picture hosting site.
          Then copy and paste the [img] code onto your forum post, that's what i've done.

Cheers Frank.

Comment

I'll check that out,
            Thanks, Ed

Comment

Here is Ed's truck. Looks nice Ed!
              Attached Files

Comment

nice save ed. steve

Comment

Good Catch

Congrats Ed!

Comment

You have a nice 1/2 ton, early truck; even possibly built before the U.S. got into it on Dec. 7th.

By the serial number it appears to be a WC-12 pickup without winch; this means you need a regular box bed with tailgate, not one of the other model beds (such as maintenance or telephone).

Many people would prefer to be able to drive their new toy for awhile before complete tear-down; I went the other route and did not move it for a little over four years, during which I did an unplanned-for ground-up rebuild.

My restoration/replication cost me about $17,000 (including purchase price); spread over 4 years, it was about $4,000 per year. This included sandblasting everything, a complete engine rebuild with new pistons and bearings and some crank work (although the reassembly was free as I did it myself). Many of my parts were missing, including the seat and rear body.

You may begin to collect the rear body parts now; it will probably take 6 to 12 months, as the sides, headboard, tailgate, and rear fenders show up every few months on epay.

What do you want to do for paint? Hot rod or original?

Comment

Nice catch Ed, all the best on the parts hunt!

Comment

Flyer contact me I have a truck with a great frame and bed but the cab has some dents for sale. The windshield is rust free and it is a great truck. I was going to buy that truck for the cab a few months ago.
                        Mark shorepatroll at aol.com

Comment

I installed a bed and correct fenders and its starting to look great. I have driven it around the block and posted a YouTube vid under Dodge WC Restoration. I will post pics soon. Still looking for a bench seat, anyone?
                          Thanks, Ed

Comment

I was hoping to see the bed and fenders in the video, but its still always nice to see an old Dodge moving under its own power. It's looking good Ed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGQoQ...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjyef...eature=channel

Comment

Working...
                            X