wood floor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wood floor help

I can't believe how hard it is to find a good picture of the bed of a WC-21 (or similar model)
    The reason I search is to find out what size boards go in the bed of my truck. I built a subframe (many thanks to jbell for the sample) but I have no idea about the actual floor. How wide are the boards supposed to be? How many boards?
    I plan on getting the metal strips at the show in evansville, but I need something in the bed for the show, and it might as well be the right size, eh?
    Any help is appreciated -as usual- guys.

ask and you shall receive how wide and thick.
    http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f4...c-12/?start=40

Comment

So what I see on your link sir shows the subframe in excellent detail but the floor strips or slats could use a few more pics! Any shots of the finished product?
      The strips look like 3 1/4" tongue and groove.
      Is there a metal strip every two pieces of wood?

Comment

Let me go look that is the original strips of wood for the bed. I believe its two pieces between one strip. The length is from the front to the back

Comment

Thank you sir!

The dodge project took a major backseat after I bought a new house last december. Less $$$ and time to throw at it.

Nevertheless I plan on having it at the MVPA show in evansville. Hopefully I can find some bargains to help me complete the truck.

I would still like a pic or two of 1/2 ton beds. I have seen them stained, (pictures on the internet) but was told that they were likely painted. Is it correct to paint the subframe and floor green?

Comment

I have heard they are painted also but both 1/2 ton beds I stripped wood out of have had no paint and rotted wood

Comment

...so I got to see LOTS of 1/2 ton dodges at the MVPA convention in Evansville. Lots of primo restorations and lots of good drivers too. Every single restored truck had one wide board then a metal strip, then another board and so on. I was certainly sad to see it, as I had already gotten smaller strips! But then I saw an unrestored WC on a trailer for sale and there was a badly rotted bed in it! And it had small strips! Yea! Of course I took some pictures of it. Proof that indeed some trucks were made this way.
              I'll get some pics up later on...

Comment

Working...
              X