Brake part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake part

Are the Wheel Cylinder, brake shoes and backing plate the same on a WC55 as an M37. Also is the Master Cylinder the same? If so they can be inter-changed with one and other.

Carmen

Originally posted by carmen View Post
    Are the Wheel Cylinder, brake shoes and backing plate the same on a WC55 as an M37. Also is the Master Cylinder the same? If so they can be inter-changed with one and other.

Carmen
    Brake components are different on the early Dodges. Do not interchange with M37.

Comment

The master cylinders are different. Teh Hubs, backing plates wheel cyliners, brake shoes and springs are the same. The only difference is the style of upper cam adjustment bolt. the early ones are a friction fit and the later ones are a spring tension style.

Comment

Wheel cylinders are different for sure on the early trucks, we have both types on the shelf. I can't recall all the exact details as we don't service many early models, but it seems to me it is the cylinder mounting hole spacing in the backing plate that is the show stopper.

If I'm recalling correctly, the backing plates will interchange. Apparently this has happened along the way with some trucks, I had a customer a while back that ordered early model wheel cylinders, tried one and said it didn't fit. We switched and sent him the later type, that worked on only 1 wheel and the rest were the early type we had sent him to start with. Truth is, there is no telling what you may find, it pays to check small details before ordering parts.

Comment

Working...
        X