Engineering code & wheelbase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineering code & wheelbase

Does any one know where this code would be found on my 41 closed cab. I guess I have a WD 21 12, 1 ton closed cab the serial # matches Sept. 1941, 86000809. It has a flatbed on now but I'm wondering what was put on it at the factory. I think it was the pickup bed because of the long running boards and short frame. Any help would be real nice.
    Thank You

I am guessing your looking for engine T codes T207 Dodge Wc 1-11 T 211 Wc 12-27 T214 Wc 51-64 which are all the 3/4 ton Wcs T215 the rest of the 1/2 ton WCs

Comment

Wd21

WD21 is not a military Dodge.

Dodge WC is a two-wheel-drive, 1/2 ton; 116" wheelbase; engineering code T112. The pickup version had a 78 1/8" bed length.

Dodge WD15 is a two-wheel-drive, 3/4 ton; 120" wheelbase; engineering code T114. The pickup version had a 90" bed length.

Dodge WD20 is a two-wheel-drive, one-ton 120" wheelbase; engineering code T116. The pickup version had a 90" bed length. The WD20 had a full floating rear axle with single wheels.

Dodge WD21 is a two-wheel-drive, one-ton; 133" wheelbase; engineering code T116. The pickup version had a 108" bed length. The WD 21 had a full floating axle with either single or dual wheels.

A significant number of WD20's and WD21's were delivered as chassis cabs and were fitted with purpose built beds at the factory or at dealers.

These engineering codes applied to Dodge chassis cabs, pickups, panels, and canopies of the 1941 - 1947 model years.

Dodge used engineering codes to identify military models. All military Dodges were designated WCXX. The term, "weapon carrier" or "weapons carrier" is sometimes used as nomenclature for a few military Dodges, but many are described as, "truck, XXXX" with the full nomenclature reflecting the purpose of a particulat version. The "WC" in the military designations was never associated with "weapons carrier". The only Dodge "WC" was the two-wheel-drive, civilian 1/2 ton.

My WWII truck reference does not show serial number 86000809 as being with the range of any military Dodges.

Comment

Working...
      X