1/2 ton wiper question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 ton wiper question

Started working on my 1941 WC40 1/2 ton closed cabs cab and have a question about the wiper hole placement. I have seen some military cabs not have a passenger side wiper but this concerns the drivers side. Did any come without ANY wipers?

The reason I ask is mine has been butchered with non originals. No big deal as I have 2 other truck cabs here for reference. One is an original '61WM300 with vacuum wipers, the other is a 1939 2wd cab with what looks like non original electric wipers.

I figured I'd just trace a pattern from known points and transfer it too the WC40. I was shocked when I place the '61's pattern on it, It is WAY off. My first thought was someone must have welded in a piece but when I looked underneath there are NO signs of it. Still has the original OD green there and you couldn't get a grinder/sander in there if you wanted to.

MVC-028S.JPG

MVC-030S.JPG

Hopefully the pic will show the underdash view. The hole should be at the 7 oclock position and as you can see there is no evidence of a change. I then went to the 39 and taced it over the same layout sheet and it doesn't line up either.

I use the edge of the windshield frame as a known point and the molding inset strip as the other. Yes, the frame was a little different to closeness of opening but it was less than an 1/8 inch. Any ideas or thoughts? I hate to find I drilled it wrong after repairing the butchered holes.

You can see all 3 cabs holes placement on the layout sheet. The smallest round with a teet is the '61, The close larger round is the 39 and the biggest one with the 2 side holes is the WC40.
Working...
X