Internet search terms for WWII Dodge 4X4 & 6X6 trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet search terms for WWII Dodge 4X4 & 6X6 trucks

When you have searched on the internet for information about your WWII military Dodges, what terms do you enter in Google or other search engine? I am interested to know.

Please post....
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

I use:
    Dodge military
    Dodge Army
    Dodge WC
    Dodge WWII

Kent

Comment

Why not keep it simple:

WC-62
      WC62
      WC-63
      WC63

And click on images. You will get a ton of pics.

TTT

Comment

Gordon

What is amazing is I always thought I might think I would have wanted a dodge
        6x6 except I did not know they existed until I saw a frame sitting in the yard at Houston Truck and Equipment way back when buying parts for my 47 wdx I bought their ole wrecker from the La Grange Dodge dealer for $500 way back when and I used to look at your magazine back in the 80s, but I lost interest in the trucks when my rebuilt 47 was stolen.

I got the bug again when I stumbled on to the PW forum awhile back and one day punched into google dodge 6x6 for sale and this is what I got

http://www.google.co.cr/imgres?q=dod...ao-CkBg&zoom=1

and I immedialtely got the ball rolling and contacted me and he said he had some more well I ended up by this one and another one and a rolling chassis which took me over a year to get the paper work together and last week they hit Pt. Caldera Costa Rica, interesting I found a 45 wc51 in the public registry here with a value of almost 400 000 colones which is about US 800 which will hopefully keep the value down of mine being of a similar value so I hope and pray I won´t have to pay a lot of taxes.

Comment

what I did was typed in to google dodge 6x6 for sale images and the orange beauty from only heaven knows where stared me in the face.

Comment

I make sure I used "quotes" around words like "WC-53" or "Dodge Carryall". It helps sort out some articles or pages that might mention a dodge and the number 53 and letters WC or what have you, elsewhere in the article.
            1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

Internet search terms.

I have $3000 worth of reference books, and can provide a very exact description of what I'm looking for. This typically gives me limited success. It also gets me some trash talk for being a know it all.

YOU have to know what you are looking for. Many people do not have books and do not know what they have for sale. Some know exactly but misrepresent things they have for sale with the old "this part fits all" untruth.

This is one situation where YOU have to use the broadest possible description and then YOU sort it out. Remember, the Dodge you are looking for might be listed as a JEEP. Some people list all models of all manufacturers' vehicles.

I even know one person whose trucks show up if you search under, "inflatable doll".

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Cook View Post
                I even know one person whose trucks show up if you search under, "inflatable doll".
                Interesting. How did you discover this?

Comment

Originally posted by JStinson View Post
                  Interesting. How did you discover this?
                  Yes! Inquiring minds want to know!

And Paul, I, for one, would never trash talk you for being a know-it-all. ;^)

Comment

Inflatable doll and "Know it all"

Inflatable doll is an inside joke and I am surprised that there has not been a response.

My granddaughter asked me how I got to be so smart. My answer was, "I'm not very smart, but I know a lot of really smart people and I pay attention to what they say." Clint, you're one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Cook View Post
                      My granddaughter asked me how I got to be so smart. My answer was, "I'm not very smart, but I know a lot of really smart people and I pay attention to what they say." Clint, you're one of them.
                      Thanks Paul.

I just try to share what I've learned from the masters over the years. I would name some names, but Gordon prefers to remain outside the spotlight.

Comment

Working...
                      X