My poor brother!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My poor brother!

Well, after years of warily watching me "restore" my WWII WC-43 (replica), my brother has succumbed to the "Old Dodge Disease" and bought one similar to mine. He wanted an early '50's PW but this one was a steal and he still gets an ugly old farm truck that he can teach his son about mechanical things with.

He does like the rounded grille of the 1/2 ton WWII trucks, so he's happy!

Runs, no brakes, less than $1,500!

It appears to have been an open cab with a civilian cab replacement and a scabbed-on PTO winch.

Can anyone please tell us about the bed?

I have no other info as of today; he lives about 5 hours away, but I expect to visit him on vacation in two weeks (hey, what a coincidence!!).
    Attached Files

That is a very nice looking truck.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

truck bed WC

Looks like a pretty good deal actually. The sides on the bed of my 41 are smooth flat metal and it's all original so I think it's from a later dodge. Someone else is sure to know.

Comment

That truck looks incredibly clean.Is it in Cali also?
        RT

Comment

Nice Truck

Hey Blisters,
          Do you know Kurt Hirte, he's in Costa Mesa, he might help with you ?s about the bed. He's on a few of the Dodge boards, he might even see your post? "A Family That Dodges Together, Stays Together"!
          Have A Great Vacation,

Comment

I think I may have met Kurt a few years ago, but don't remember the guy's name who I did meet. It WAS in Costa Mesa- he owned an M-37 at the time, and some other trucks and stuff.

The truck has been used on a ranch on the central Californian coast the last 30 to 40 years, so it's not a rust-bucket. I saw it two days ago and it has some real potential. The wiring is shot and it needs an air cleaner among other immediate things, but otherwise it's not too bad!

I was looking at the wiring with one of the hood halves propped with a steel bar and the bar slid out causing the hood edge to come down on my head. My wife was not too happy about the cut and blood. First time I ever had a Dodge hood bite me.

I told my brother we are even now, as when he helped me mount tires onto my truck five years ago, he got stung on the cheek by a wasp which flew out of the cab.

Someone told me on another forum (I think) that this is a civilian bed from a 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck of the "pilothouse" model (1950's). My brother does not have the correct fenders for it (no idea what fenders are in the bed- wood stacked upon them).

Thanks for the comments and suggestions!

-Ken J

Comment

Working...
            X