WC53 hood letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC53 hood letters

Have asked this questiion before, so trying again. Getting close to numbering time and wondering on the difference in hood numbers on a WC53. My original numbers came out of the rust on both sides. Question is, are these Navy numbers? Most Army numbers I have seen are quite long. Would like to know so I can either put USA or USN or would the USA be proper? A shame those didn't come out and when I cut it down to bare metal, I tried to be careful but never saw those. Cheers, Eric
    Attached Files

Hood numbers

This helped with mine. The sad part is we don't know who or what changed our rigs. Hope this helps. James

Comment

Thanks, James, At least with those, I can redo with some Army numbers. Still confused as my grandfather bought the WC53 after the war out of Red River and had 17 or so miles on it, so know the hood has never been changed as we have had it all this time. Only thing that could make sense to me would be if the hood was replaced from an ambulance before being sold. Sure appreciate the help though..Cheers...Eric

Comment

Working...
      X