T202 code VC Military Production info page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T202 code VC Military Production info page

I've been annoyed for a while by the lack of decent information about the military VC T202 series, mostly made Easter to August 1940, so I bought a few more manuals and parts lists and put together a web page on the figures and totals, with a good few clickable links in it;

http://www.gwim2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/vclist.htm

This should give the VC military owners something to work from, and I'm sort of hoping that one of the sixteen prototype chassis will turn up and be identified, as three of the twenty-five Carryalls have already been found. The VC ambulance pictured in the prototypes is almost certain to be one of those sixteen chassis, produced September / December 1939 and bodied by Montpelier.

Good stuff!

Gordon (America)
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

It's getting there

As usual these lists throw up as many questions as answers.

Tom Wolboldt mentioned there were some VC2 trucks outside those serial number ranges, and an examination of the totals shows that while the chassis number ranges for the first and third production batches match the stated production fairly well, there are 23 chassis unidentified in the second production batch.

It might be that there is another batch of VC2s out there I don't know about - drat.

greetings from across the pond 8~)

the other Gordon ( Scotland )

Comment

Working...
      X