looking for the latches wc53

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for the latches wc53

I have this ol 3/4 on carryall that needs a lower rear doot. Im buying one from john at midwest but they do not have the latches or any hardware. im going to need hinges, latches, and the t handle as well as everything else. Anyone have on old donner laying about or ideas on latch substitutions? Are the tail gate latches the same on other military vechiles?

You could try Vintage Power Wagons. If they don't list the Parts in thier Catalog, send them a e-mail.

Comment

Good luck

I have made the internal rods with the cam's for the latches. I just need to get the "S" cam's finished. They won't be cast, there machined. I found that if machined they run a lot smoother. All the pins are in the proper place, and will look very close to original, other than not cast. I think if I put the heat to them with the sand blaster they should look close to cast. I also have half of the lower hinges done. Still need to get the upper half of the lower hinges to the pattern guy ($700 per half for a pattern). It does't take much to cast them, but with no pattern it does't help much. Still working on the hinges. You will also need the little cast piece to hold the rod in place, for both sides. Also If you don't have the hooks for the upper lift gate, you'll need them. I have all this stuff in the works, but for only one set it's very pricey. I should have all the latches, and hooks done soon. I'll have about 10 or so sets when done. You will also need the rod rotating hardware, with rods, chains, and small shims that screw onto the sides of the tail gate. I think MWM has the handle. Well good luck.

James

Comment

james

well that sounds promising james. ive come up with the lower hinges and a t handle. I have the cathes and chains that mount to the vehicle body. so that leaves me with the item that connects to the t handle that pushes the rods, and the catch that clamps onto the rods, perhaps springs if any are required. Im kinda wondering what a garage door parts vender may have?

Comment

Hmmm, may have one of them somewhere

I bought a bunch of Carryall stuff in Norway and it was quite interesting. Most of it was American NOS, but some of the parts had obviously been made to order as replacements.

I picked up a couple of those tailgate internal spring / swivel things, shown as the centre section of part number 909469 "LIFT & TAILGATE LOCK CONTROL ASSEMBLY", page 397 of the Master Parts.

If you just need the centre section and would be happy with a Norwegian-made new one drop me a PM, but it'll take a while to dig it out and post it from here in Scotland

( the other ) Gordon

gordon (at) dodge.org.uk

Comment

Gordon not of Iowa

Yes Gordon, that would be wonderful. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Will you send me a pic, so i can be sure of what you have? thanks mark

Comment

No problem Mark

I'll just have to find it first as I have piles of stuff in those boxes.

Can you e-mail me direct please, and nudge me about once a week till I get it done - as I generally only get to the garage once a week.

Just to be clear, it is the centre section that goes in the tailgate and the T handle goes into, and probably a brand new Norwegian-made one rather than US original.

I'll dig it out when I get the chance, but keep reminding me by e-mail please.

Gordon

Comment

Do you have any Spare Windshield Wiper Motor Covers for a WC53?

Comment

Draw latches

Would this be of help.

Draw latches
                  Moore Industrial Hardware
                  Loop type
                  ZLA-1012; LR-15

Comment

Working...
                  X