my wc-53 hood numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my wc-53 hood numbers

Any help would be appreciated on helping me figure where the vehicle came from originally.
    In White paint:

U.S.A.
    20165?58

as soon as I get some pics posted online, I'll post the link

HOOD NUMBERS - Top ten most often asked questions

There are several sites where we all try to help you with your questions. This question has been asked - and answered - on almost every Forum.

I hope this helps. http://www.texaspowerwagon.com/vehicle_history.htm

My Kempner Power Wagon Museum site may have the answers to some of your other questions. http://www.texaspowerwagon.com

Comment

Hood numbers

What's your frame number? With your hood number xxx65x58 you can check out the ww2dodge page, rocks has done a great job on putting the list of known 3/4 ton trucks. You can check your numbers with others, and come close, but with the last three numbers you may need to just get close. Also double check and make sure that your white numbers aren't faded blue. I had what appeared white numbers until some slight sanding, then blue drab. Most early 3/4 trucks left the factory with blue numbers. One of my 53's has blue hood number 20165989 with a frame of 81578189. So your frame number should be, I think xxx74 or 75 and up. Hope this helps.

James

Comment

Thanks for the responses.. I'm still learning on these trucks, so any help is much appreciated. What other numbers or info should I gather to help chase down some history on my caryall? I know the previous owner, but he's not sure that they ever registered it.. His brother apparently was the owner and may have registered it at one point. However, his memory isn't the best and he's currently in a nursing home. Is there any way to check to see who last registered a vehicle so old? It would have been in the mid 70s.. perhaps late 60s in WY

Comment

Working...
        X