Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC -12 Cab

I need a little help.
    Ive got a early 41 wc -12 with a very rusted and beat cab.
    I also have a civilian 41 1-1/2 ton cab that is in fantastic shape , inside and out.
    I know what most of the differences are , and plan to use as much of the military goodies as I can.

My main question is , what is the best way to reshape the cowling for the sloped hood.

I know ive seen pictures of someones truck that did this very thing but , for the life of me I cant find it again.

I can cut it all out of the rusty cab but Im no sure if thats the best way to go .

Anybody out there have any ideas ?

My first question may be really dumb. Is the cowl different?

If so, could you cut the one off the original cab and graft it to the new cab?

Like when cars get clipped?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Hey Gordon !
      They are nearly the same.
      The firewall looks the same on both , the only major differance I can find is that the civil cab cowl ( the 3" stepped down area where the back of the hood rests ) is straight.
      The military version has a slight downward slant to acomadate the sloped hood.

I will try to get some pics of the two to show the differance.

Ive been thinking of chopping the firewall and the offending portion of the cowl from the rust bucket and doing a transplant.
      But the civilian cab is so nice I would like to find out if there is another option .

Oh ya .... my 49 B-1 has a similar angle to the military cab oddly enough , but the firewall is way different

Comment

Gordon, here is a link to some of the differences. Note: The Hood support bar bracket is installed at different angles for the Power wagon, 1/2 ton 2wd and the 1/2 ton military. Floor is different and even the recess in the center. Militarys weren't "supposed" to have cowl lights either. Everything gets muddled up though because I think they used what they had. Ask away if you have ant particular /'s and I'll help if I know. Kevin

http://imageevent.com/powerwagon/cab...fpsha4.zebra_s

Comment

Thanks Kevin
          Thats just what im trying to do , get the same angle from the civilian 2wd cab as the military.

I have a couple ideas but Im hopeing someone
          had tackled this before .

Comment

Working...
          X