1941 Dodge WC closed cab.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1941 Dodge WC closed cab.

Hi all, I just bought a 1941 Dodge WC 4x4 with a winch. I found out that the cab is not a Dodge but instead it is a 1941 International. I found a 1946 Dodge pickup but I need to know if the cabs are the same.
    Anyone know the specs on theses two trucks.
    Thanks Duane

The cab is very simular to the WC's, with the exception of how the windshield operates, and the firewall panel, and perhaps the length of the rear cab panel and the valance under the doors. I am a little unsure of the last two items.

I am more interested in the winch, as factory winches are very rare on the 1/2 ton. Do you have any pix of the winch and mounting hardware?

C.D.
    1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
    1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
    2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
    1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
    1954 Ford 860 tractor
    1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
    UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

1/2 Ton Military vs. Civilian Cabs

The cowl is also sloped differently on a military cab to allow for the sloped hood.

There is a description of the differences on the Dodge Power Wagon site:

http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/wwwboard/index.html

Then click "Best of the Forum. Scroll down the page and click on "1/2 ton Military & Civilian Cabs".

-Don

Comment

Originally posted by DStevens View Post
        The cowl is also sloped differently on a military cab to allow for the sloped hood.

There is a description of the differences on the Dodge Power Wagon site:

http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/wwwboard/index.html

Then click "Best of the Forum. Scroll down the page and click on "1/2 ton Military & Civilian Cabs".

-Don
        I guess I never noticed the difference in slope before. I should point out that the posting is incorrect on the fuel fill hole...there is none on the civilian cab either.

C.D.
        1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
        1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
        1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Civilian Cab Fuel Fill

I'm pretty sure the civilian cabs do have the fuel hole in the cab. I think the tank must be behind the seat. Go to the following page and note the picture at the top or click "1941 - 42" and see the picture there:

http://39-47dodgetrucks.com

Comment

2 wheel / 4 wheel drive cab

The gas tank on 1939 - 1947, 1/2 ton - 1 ton, 2WD civilian Dodge trucks was under the cab. The fill pipe started at the left rear of the cab - behind the left door. It went behind the seat and then through the cab floor in into the gas tank. This configuration was also used in panel trucks with the filler pipe in the panel body just behind the left door.

"Parts is Parts" and this was very true of early production where civilian and military trucks were being built on the same assembly lines. Some years ago, Mitchell Parts - then in Columbus, OH - had a NOS cab back in stock. It went from the seam above the windshield and completed a full cab. Typically, this piece was left off when building open cab fire trucks that had factory windshields.

During the early production, a civilian cab back might have been used to complete a military cab that had the sloping cowl. The filler pipe hole in the cab back would have been closed off with rubber filler.

Also, early military closed cabs had a civilian type windshield regulator and civilian dashboard gauges.

Comment

I just realized my mistake on the fuel fill...sorry 'bout that!

C.D.
              1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
              1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
              1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Working...
              X