NOS Exhaust Manifold Pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS Exhaust Manifold Pix

Got this with the boxes of parts I recently bought, had to clean off the dirt and dried cosmoline but it has not been painted or treated with anything .

Thought somebody might like to see what one looks like:

thanks, i have been trying to figure out which way is shut on that little flap.

Comment

NOS Exhaust Manifold

Is this for sale ?

Comment

Not at this time, may need it for my red truck resto.

Comment

So, where does the thermostatic spring attach?

Comment

"Thermostatic spring"

"So, where does the thermostatic spring attach?"

You're kidding, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Cook View Post
              "So, where does the thermostatic spring attach?"

You're kidding, right?
              Nope. The heat risers I have seen had a thermostatic spring and I don't see one on this. They don't have one? Then how do they work? You just set it for hot or cold weather? Really?

The valves on my trucks have long since departed, so I can't see how they work. Please elucidate me.

Comment

Yup, that's what you do, set it for hot weather or cold, really. No springs attached.

Comment

Unbelievable. Some engineer actually thought people were going to adjust these things? What about cold mornings and warm afternoons? They could have at least made them cable-controlled.

Thanks for the nice diagram.

Comment

It was a seasonal thing not day to day, one way in the cold and the other in the more moderate weather.
                    Read paragraph g

Comment

Originally posted by gmharris View Post
                      Unbelievable. Some engineer actually thought people were going to adjust these things? What about cold mornings and warm afternoons? They could have at least made them cable-controlled.

Thanks for the nice diagram.
                      I adjust mine. not a big deal. the civilian cars and light trucks I think all had the weight and spring set up. this type may have been just originally for the military and industrial apps.

Comment

They will rust and freeze in place if not moved once in a while, don't lube 'em just move 'em.

Comment

Working...
                        X