WC Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC Identification

Hi, I just got power wagon out of the trees. I think it was a carryall but don't know for sure. The I'd tag on the passenger door reads 4249 1626. Looks like the back of the cab was grafted from another truck. Has combat rims. I was just wondering how to Id this truck.
    Thank you..

Is the tag number on the passenger door jamb the serial number. If not where do I find it?

Comment

Wc id

The doors are Carryall (maybe ambulance) and the nose is 3/4 ton. Best bet is that it started life as a WC53. Look on the outside of the drivers' side frame rail near the front for the stamped number. May need to clean off area a bit. That is the most likely spot to find a VIN number original to the vehicle. Tags and body parts are easily swapped/lost/altered.
      DavidGB

Comment

Originally posted by Boggs View Post
        The I'd tag on the passenger door reads 4249 1626. .
        The 4249-1626 is a tag for a WC-53 Carryall. It was not a WC-54 ambulance, they are a different number. Not much left of that Carryall body. Your truck serial number should be 81,5xx,xxx and can be found on the military plate on the dash and also stamped on the left side frame rail near the front.

Comment

Also the Carryall has a 114" wheelbase which is different than the other WCs. The others are 98" and 121".

Comment

Mix and match

Your truck is an early 3/4 Carryall, if the grill and headlight guards, are correct, grill in and not grill on. Vin number 81540-50 xxxx, could be earlier. Your drivers door is WC54, due to the wing window. The passenger door is a WC53, no wing window. Looks like you still have some battery tray leftover. Many WC 53 Carryalls had the backs cut off. Looks like yours got a rear half of a truck cab welded onto it, many did not. Does your truck have a 214 engine? Also, does it still have a glove box door?, if so does it have the data plates? The sad thing is it's still a Carryall, that has been bubba upped. If you want any real value out of it don't turn it into a power wagon, because it's not. I would keep it a Carryall, but lots of work. I have done a few. Is it for sale?

James

Comment

Working...
            X