Scratches head ??????

Comment

Originally posted by clueless View Post
      anyone ever turn the 1.5 tc around for 1.5 od and see how it ran
      I seem to be clueless as well.

Get it?

I'm here all week.

Comment

Are you asking if anyone has flipped a transfer case around and driven it through an output flange? Not having personally explored the internal mechanics of the WWII single speed transfer case I can't speak to issues other than that I don't see how you would still have 4 wheel drive capability.
        DavidGB

Comment

yes, exactly, drive it thru the output for od

I have three 62s on the way and would gut the fwd and just leave the high and low but drive thru the output and mount a 2 to 1 tc behind it, so I would have two tcs, one backwards and one frontwards, one for direct and od and the other behind it for high low and fwd

was just wondering if anyone had ever tried this

Comment

the 62 has a two speed tc 1 to 1 and 1.5 to 1

Comment

Reversing the TC

I will be interested to see if anyone has in fact tried this and also if there are any authoritative opinions on this. One thought, I have always been led to believe that these transfer cases would not be happy running at rpms higher than originally designed for (such as would arise in swapping in V8's or other higher revving engines.) To that end perhaps putting the reversed TC last instead of first so as not to run the added TC at 50% higher rpms than designed for might be desirable in your suggested scenario. Assuming it is all possible.
              DavidGB

Comment

any guinea pigs out there

that want to drive one backwards somehow and see if she minds(whines)

there was a guy on a ford forum who put a 205(2 to 1) backwards on a 2 ton or so ford with a two speed rear end said it worked great

maybe you could just bolt one to the back of the crash boxx backwards----------lol

Comment

I am a little slow(clueless) sometimes, and that would be the best scneario, just run the front drive line from the rear case to the front pumpkin and you have the best of both worlds

Comment

Working...
                  X