Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paint

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
    Can you tell us anything about how you mixed it?
    hi
    the paint that i use is a mix of od ; the mix is a complication of od green and od brown. the color is fixed with a paintmixing computer to have the exact color. for painting i mixed the paint with 25% thinner and 5% hardener.
    this have to be axact because otherwys the result is t shinning

Comment

moving fast!

beautiful job your doing.

Comment

I might get a WC-52 and restore it how hard was this restoration?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii50 View Post
          I might get a WC-52 and restore it how hard was this restoration?
          Hi it was and is verry hard but plaesent to do.
          it is a compleet restoration. there is no bolt ore nut that stay together
          everything was loose and put back together.
          the engine was te hardes job; ha to do it to te factory to hone and flatened

Comment

ok it will be interesting to try
            PS- I am 16 and am a 2 year machinist and welder

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii50 View Post
              ok it will be interesting to try
              PS- I am 16 and am a 2 year machinist and welder
              since y ou are a machinst then you may apprciate how everything on a Dodge is designed to be serviced. nothing is disposable. everything has a drain hole so water cant catch anywhere. the metalurgy is high quality all in all made to last as long as its needed. where as old jeeps are not.

Comment

Don't forget puller-bolt holes.
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Those great trucks

I may be crazy, but the bolts on my WC seemed really tough. While disassembling it, they would almost never shear, even though they were rusted tight. Most bolts don't behave like this, in my experience, even the hardened ones.

Comment

Originally posted by danlen View Post
                    I may be crazy, but the bolts on my WC seemed really tough. While disassembling it, they would almost never shear, even though they were rusted tight. Most bolts don't behave like this, in my experience, even the hardened ones.
                    my expericence has been the same. very few broken bolts. I think only 2 broke on the last one. lower fender bolts

Comment

puting all toghether and test driving before finla paintjob

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

back to the painting

Comment

Nice Job Danny!

As to the comments on Dodge. My grandfather had a service station in Kansas for many decades. He was a Chrysler man; I think he was impressed with the way their vehicles were made from a quality standpoint.
                          I gather that Dodge used to be known as engineering driven. By that I believe that the engineers who where oriented toward quality also drove the vehicle production process more so then the marketing or accounting departments.
                          Like GM and Ford, however, by the late 60's the cost cutters controlled matters and the quality really went down.
                          I noticed that by the late 80's, the big three rebounded to a major extent regarding quality after the Japanese handed them their (you know what).

This is notwithstanding the front end under-engineering in my 2001 Dodge CTD ;)

I am continuously impressed with the quality of these old Dodges.

For Hawaii 50, have you found, in the archives, the picture of the custom hemi re-power of a PW by someone in Hawaii? He had a shop in CA do it and it was shipped to the islands. I don't remember where it is but it is either here or on Joe's forum.

Comment

again working on the dodge, markings , seats

Comment

testing before going for the technical control

Comment

back from technical control, the next project a g 518

Comment

Working...
                                X