Found - WC63 in NorCal Wrecking Yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found - WC63 in NorCal Wrecking Yard

I posted a few weeks ago, not sure what model this truck is, thought it was an "M" designation. However, some clarification was provided in my thread.

This is a some-year Dodge WC-63, missing a fair deal of things but may serve someone as a project or parts. I hiked the pile of rubble the poor truck rests in and got some cell phone pics. Review the link below and see what I saw. This truck had a winch, now missing with the hood, windshield frame and what have you. I'll forward price and contact info if someone is interested.

A link to the pics:
    http://imageshack.us/g/1/9796390/

Sample pic:

Russell

Good for you for sharing the information. It's a sad thing to find trucks in situations like that, and always nice when they can be rescued.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

wc62 in wrecking yard

could you please send the enfo to me at 598davelk@charter.net. thanks dave

Comment

http://local.yahoo.com/info-25576456...o-truck-orland

Link above to the wrecking yard.

Comment

Welll... I guess you could tell me what they want for the beast. I'm not completely committed to the WC rescue business, but this one deserves the love.
          Could be a fun day trip for the kid and me.
          Thanks for shouting about it.
          Daniel

Comment

When I inquired, the gent calmly said $1K would take the entire vehicle. Since that moment, someone else I conversed with has purchased some parts from the truck...may be significantly less $$ now, but you'd need further information to ascertain a reasonable price. I went to this yard today, but looking for CJ parts for a coworker...did not quite make it through the yard to the Dodge.

Russell

Also, I have discovered a similar closed cab 6wd dump truck a few miles away. I'll find some time in the future to get pics.

Comment

Wc-63

Thanks, Russell, but that may be a little rich for a picked '63. There is that guy on evilbay, however, who wants $2800 for his junk wc62 right up in the same area this '63 is.
              Let's see, buy them both for $3000, scramble, and you'd only need...uh...a winch, running engine, about $8000 in parts from John at Midwest Military, and...lets see...about three years to do the project.
              I'm being foolishly optimistic here, of course.
              Better has been done with worse, though.

Comment

Working...
              X