my 1934 Dodge Brothers K39X4 prewar 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 1934 Dodge Brothers K39X4 prewar 4x4

I thought this thread would go best in the WW2 category. This truck is the godfather of the Power Wagon! This is the first Dodge 4x4. It was made in 1934-the first 4wd vehicle that could be shifted into four wheel drive while inside the cab. Less than 1000 were made and it's the only known survivor. They were used by the US Army/Cavalry and possibly other divisions of our armed forces. My truck was actually driven until the later 70s when it was parked next to an old barn. I love the suicide doors and the great historical significance of this truck! Here are link to lots of pictures of my truck for your viewing pleasure...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2988415...7632906422958/

Cool truck! And a bunch of great photos. I looked at every one of them. Hopefully you will post photos of your progress. That's definitely an oldie, even compared to the rest of our trucks on this site. Interesting to see what was different between your truck and the "newer" trucks from 10 - 15 years later. At least the flathead looked pretty similar to the ones in the later trucks. Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
    X