41 WC-3 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 41 WC-3 Question

Hello, what are the correct reflectors used on the 41 open cab, the one's I have on now are the beaded lens is this correct for that year. thanks Kevin.

Like this?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Take a look at the photos of the rear of this 41 WC 3 open cab. They show the "beaded" reflectors. I helped pull this truck out of the barn (literally) and I believe they are original to the truck.

http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/da.../Dodge%20wc-21

Comment

Wc-3

Hi, Those are the same that I have on my truck now, they must be original. Thanks for the information.

Comment

They are King Bee Foto Ray No. 295. They are Glass Marble reflectors. The first 2 series of trucks ( 202 and 207) usewd these. The Last series (215) 1/2 tons Used Do- Ray Tiger-Ey. They are part No P100

Comment

One thing I really like about this hobby is all the wonderful, old packaging. Beautiful stuff.

Comment

My understanding is that the T202 VC 1/2tons and the T207 WC 1/2tons used the flat lens reflectors, not the red marbled ones. All of the T211 WC 1/2 ton series used the Red marbled reflectors.

Now as far as the last series T215 WC 1/2 tons, things get a bit complicated. A 09-25-41 dated T-215 parts manual I have states that any model that had the pick up box less the seats, used the flat lens reflector. All the other model T215's were to use the Red marbled reflector. The SNG G-657 master parts book printed in 1943 simply states that all of the T215 trucks were to us the flat lens reflector. A real head scratcher there.

The photos of the 1/2 ton pulled out of a barn show it to be a T211 WC-13 open cab pick up, not a T207 WC3 open cab. The tie down hooks on the T207 bed were of a closed ring design. The serial number on the frame rail show it to be a T211 series. Starting serial number for the T211 series was 8676901.

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Working...
                X