My WC with 6BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My WC with 6BT

I have been working on this for a while and have finally figured out how to post pictures. I am using the front end of '96 dodge 2500 with custom box frame back end. Using a Kelderman aire bag suspension. I made new hood 4" longer than stock and side hinged it. 11-18 5-9 front view-2.jpg11-18 front pass.JPG11-18 driver rear.JPG11-18 engine 2.JPG11-18 driver side.JPG11-18 hood .JPG11-18 pass.JPGrear box frame and susp-1.jpg

WOW! What a huge job! Do you have any before pictures? It would be neat to see what you started with.

Also, why do you make the arms for the rear axle such different lengths? Won't that cause it to want to roll when it goes up and down? And, tend to lock it up if one side wants up and the other goes down tending to try to twist the axle housing?

We should have this moved to the Carryall thread in with Bruce n Alex's builds.

-jim lee

Comment

none of the pics open or show for me

Comment

• Matthew Welcher PWA
        Matthew Welcher PWA commented
        Editing a comment
        Kaegi, It only shows you as registered that may be why you cannot see everything. It may be time for you to renew.

The rear arms are all a part of the kelderman suspension kit. Here are a few more pictures. I have the old frame and drive train if anyone could use it. The frame is in good shape and it drove before I took it apart. original side.jpgchasis-7.jpg

Comment

I see that you have an air cleaner on the old chassis. Is this something that you are willing to part with separately?

i am looking for one to fit my 48 power wagon - I have a 2-1/4” intake pipe on top of my carburetor.

Comment

• cgood
          cgood commented
          Editing a comment
          I will try to remember to measure it this weekend and see it it will work for you. If it does I will gladly send it to you.

Where are you located?

-jim lee

Comment

I am located near Manheim PA. all parts for chasis are available. I would like to see it go to good use.

Comment

Well, we're on opposite sides of the country. That frame and drive train would have made a delightful set of spares for mine.

-jim lee

Comment

This is a fantastic build, Thank you for sharing this with us. How long have you been working on this project?
              1967 W200.aka.Hank
              1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
              2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

What a fun build , Nice work !!

Comment

I am interested in the air cleaner. I tried to PM you but that was not possible. If you could email me I would appreciate it. Toddmushovic@yahoo.com

thanks
                  todd

Comment

Working...
                  X