No announcement yet.

The WC53 Carryall thread .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me if there is a link or ph number available for Genesco tire co.?
    I can't seem to find them on google anywhere.
    Also what is the correct tire height for the 56 dodge power wagon?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

• What model '56? A WDX? That is approx 36.5" with stock NDT tires.

Comment

• Hi Norm,
        It's a 1956 1 TON C4-PW6-126.

Thanks
        Jake

Comment

• Jake:

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...hlight=genesco. The title of the thread is "Wanted NATO NDT's" Check #49 for phone #. Here's their web site, http://www.noflats.com/ BTW, I of course misspelled it's name, it's Gensco. 8>0 Hope that helps.

Later
          Ugg

Comment

• Thanks Ugg,
            The spelling made all the difference.
            I may call them this week and ask about the tires I need.
            BTW do you know if I can heat a ring gear to expand it for assembly without damaging the temper? I am in the middle of a tractor rebuild.

Comment

• I do it all the time .

use as little heat as possible - hot water works in many cases. I am usually to butt *** lazy and grab whatever is near , but on diff gears I am very careful and use the hot water method most often.
              Got the rear diff blasted and painted this week , just got in . Now I get to install the gears and ARB . This is going to be fun .........right ?
              Pictures ? I gotta get a few up soon .
              May have to switch to cross steering in the carryall

Bruce

Comment

• update.
                engine
                repositioned the 4bt. midmounted. moved the exhaust, moved the fan pulley on the engine to allow stok fan and shroud to be used. found a very nice a/c bracket (dodge one wont work)

transmission
                i was not satisfied with so many issues on the nv4500 so i have decided to go to a GM 4l80e 4 speed auto

transfer np205 was the original choice, nv241 is the final decision

tires & wheels
                michelin 1100x16 on chevy aluminum wheels.

front axle
                the dana 60 is using the stock pad on the pass side. i had a simple perch made for the drivers side.

i will reuse the lever shocks (have to fab a mount). i used a dodge 4x4 steering box, a jeep pitman arm and chevy 2wd draglink (it fits)

i was trying to clean a rebuild the front springs. drivers side OK. pass side has 4 bent and twisted leaves. custom springs it is

rear axle
                the rear axle mounts fit the 14bolt like it was made to fit. i will reuse the lever shocks.

havent decided on the rear springs yet. NOS or custom

interior
                lokar nostalgia floor shifter for the 4l80e (to look original)
                a/c heat/cool/defrost. im going to try and run dual evaporators for better cooling. im going to keep the canvas chris made, and run a marguard (vandal proof smoke lexan) moon-roof.

ill try and remove the overhead supports to add 1.5 or 2" tube for seat belt/structure tied into a 16ga floor....

lots more to come, as i figure it out.

Comment

• i COULD do crossover, i think, now that i have a little better idea on how all the junk fits, i just dont think ill need it.........
                  Last edited by Gordon Maney; 05-07-2007, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Lee:

LOOKIN GOOD! Did ya make them stars yourself or did ya get the stencil? Thanks again for that package. It'll look good on the Beast.

Later
                    Ugg

Comment

• it will be done in solid usmc green, no stars when im done!

Comment

• Looks GREAT!
                        Is that slight tilt to clear the steering? May need an extra 1/4 of a quart of engine oil?
                        Thanks for the photos!

Comment

• cummins spec'ed the motor at 8 degrees. im right around 7.57 (that was with the old springs on it......)

hopefully ill resolve the spring issue today

Comment

• I'd say that was close enough...once you allow for the camber of the road....= )

Comment

• ok, i JUST got the transmission crossmember in.

i have 21" ground clearance to the bottom edge of the transfer case!!! thats nice, imo since i dont have any lift on the truck, just michelin xl tires. so figure stock tires would leave me with 19.

im looking for a wc stock radiator fan, if anyone has one i can borrow (i need to see if it fits, i guess i could buy one, but id rather test fit it (unless someone has a cheap one)

Comment

• Those rims look like they are PW items

21 inches of clearance is pretty good . Beats my street rod with 4 inches. A few months away for me to figure out my clearance on the WC.
                                I am having one heck of a time setting up my gears . When the pinion is set dead on at its +.002 depth the pattern is too near the top of the ring gear. By the time I get the pattern to pull away from the top edge the contact area is way too narrow . Gotta get a second opinion - i may post some pictures of the thing .

Comment

Working...
                                X