The WC53 Carryall thread .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Bruce,
    Yes, I will be doing just as you suggest. I was just happy it kicked off so well, and even was charging right up. Hit the horn, it tooted once weakly, blew out a big dirt dabbers nest then sounded off like it was happy. Data plate on the passenger door frame is 4249-6491. Located two very intact doors, have gotten the glass in them and the windshield. Had some fine upstanding kids throw rocks through all the windows, and very lucky they didn't trash the gauges also. Will be showing pics as I go along.
    Thanks again...Eric

Comment

• Carryalls

Hi Eric & all
      Wish my carryall looked that good when I started, other than one side of the body dented in the rear guards had more bends in them than most roads in the Swiss Alps. These are now straightened out. Got the front guards out today for the first time in over 10 years, they look almost new so very little to do here. Spent several hours today cleaning and painting brackets, the plan is to bolt the front end together in the next few weeks to check fits. When I pulled it all apart it was obvious that at some stage it had run into something HARD. The radiator bracket was bent out of shape and a lot of the other brakets to hold the front together had had horrible things done to them. Most bits are now straightened out (I hope) and I will see how well it goes together soon. Will try to send photos again tomorrow of the project when I first bought it.
      Cheers
      Rob
      Adelaide
      South Australia

Comment

• G'day, Mate, Looking forward to seeing your pics and how you are going about the restoration. Be nice sharing information here. You have a beautiful country and have enjoyed seeing it.
        Cheers..Eric

Comment

• Here it is

Hi All
          This was the WC26 when I brought it home 15 years ago. It is beggining to look a bit better now
          Rob

Comment

• Dodge WC26

Trying again to send photos
            Attached Files

Comment

• The nice thing about these is a bit of patience and a 2# sledge works wonders. Thanks for sharing the pics, Rob. Anxious to see how you keep coming on it..Cheers...Eric

Comment

• 12V or 6V

Hi Guys
                I have another question would carryalls normally be set up with a 6V or 12v system. I have looked at the generator, starter & coil and none of these bits are marked as to voltage.
                On another note altogether it looks as if I will be at the MVPA Convention in Portland so if anyone else is going it may be a chance for me to put faces to names so to speak. So who is likely to be there?
                Cheers
                Rob S.

Comment

• Progress

Bolted the front guards on to check the fit today, so far not too bad considering that the vehicle had had a major collision on the right hand side at some stage of its life. Still needs a bit of work but its getting there.
                  Cheers
                  Rob

Comment

• I want to see you fix that dent .

Fire up the camera and send in a few update shots when you can .
                    OT - I just got in from a search and may be going out again , darn wet and sore at this time . There is a bit of a rumour amoungst my team that I could get tossed in the bush anywhere and find my way out . Generally this is true but not lat night . I got lost or turned around a couple of times last night. Tons of gullys , little knobs , blowdown , bluffs and six foot high salal. I wanted two things last night , a compass and to arrive at the search in my carryall.

Bruce

I did spend 5 hours machining some shock mount spacers and welding up my chopped up trans cover before arriving home and having to leave for my dance in the woods.

Comment

• running boards

Ok all you Carryall experts tell me, will a WC 53 running board fit a
                      WC 26??? and if not what are the differences
                      Cheers
                      Rob

Comment

• Progress

Have a look at these and see what you think.
                        Rob
                        Attached Files

Comment

• That is amazing. You have made great progress.

Well done and thanks for the great shots. The carryall looks less like a candidate for the crusher and more like a virgin unmolested truck than i would have thought . yah done good.

Bruce

Comment

• Someone

Has been busy?

Comment

• Thanks

Yes I have been busy. Another question. On the left hand guard there is a small bracket that runs from the main guard support to the chassis. Exactly what is this for as so far I cant see that it actually does anything.
                              Rob

Comment

• Have you got a picture

I am not sure what part you are talking about . When you say left hand what side are you talking about ? Left hand view= passenger side . Left side of vehicle = driver side . There is a little bracket that attaches to the frame and the shield that keeps the bottom of the shield from moving around- I am not sure if this is the one you mean. It is at the rear of the valance.

Comment

Working...
                                X