The WC53 Carryall thread .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice going Rob

Great pics, Rob, and you really have been busy. Looking very good. Kept wondering how you got it sideways in your drive. The jeep isn't bad also. Came up here to do some work on mine, the next day we got 6 inches of snow and the carryall is outside, 24 this morning. I decided to work in the house instead. Cheers..Eric

Comment

• Bracket

Bruce
      The bracket is on the underside of the drivers side guard and is clearly visible in the first photo of the restored chassis.

As for the vehicle being sideways in my drive it actually isnt. Where I live there is a rear acess road to properties and all the garages face on to this. So I unloaded it on to the road manouvered it into the garage and then took the pictures before I pushed it in. Also to get it in I had to let the tyres down as it was about 2" to high to go through the door.
      Cheers
      Rob

Comment

• Tailgate latch

Thought you guys would like to see what the latch mechanism looks like on the tailgate. The spring inside looks like a header spring on a jeep manifold. Could use some info on what the latch arms look like. Cheers..Eric
        Attached Files

Comment

• Failed work days

Went to the farm to work on the 53, set aside three days to work on it. Had the windshield finished, new wires etc. Needless to say, it was a bust, am sending some weather to our friend down under..Cheers..Eric
          Attached Files

Comment

• Wow

Hey Rob S,
            Can I send few projects your way?
            You are one fast guy, that WC looks great and I can;t wait to see the finished truck.

Comment

• nice double post Jake

Are you trying to pad the thread ? At least toss in a picture and tell us how you cut up a mint carryall to provide some patch material for your powerwagon .
              I am trying to get a email address for hogansclassiccars.com. If you can find it please let me know. I tried on another thread and got no help so far. They have a stupid settup on hogans site that basically keeps me out . I hate those auto link settups.

gotta post an update soon.

Bruce

(edit) I got the address . Thanks to about 4-5 guys over on Joe,s thread . Considering how the Hogan's site is set up I do not expect to get an answer from this Hogan dude. He does have some nice tin , That 56 big window sure is tempting. One of those with a 4bt and jag suspension would be cool as all get out.
              Things are nuts around here . I seem to be driving the kids to 3 and 4 different places each evening. Today I got one going to soccer , another going to school , 2 more trips to pick each one up , then one has to go to the ferry (she is going to Cuba , but not all the way on the Ferry) and there are 2 more trips tossed into the day too. No carryall work for me.

Comment

• Fast ?????

Jake
                Not sure about fast I bought the Carryall 12 -15 years ago and about 2 years ago started to get serious. So yeah I have done a bit BUT there is a lot of bits missing and a long, long way to go.
                Cheers
                Rob

Comment

• wc 17 / 26 ?

I am wondering if someone here can explain the difference to me of a WC 17 or a WC 26.

Comment

• Wc17/26

Ok no expert but as I understand it they were basicly the same vehicle but different government contracts as well as detail differences such as
                    WC17 had T211 engine WC26 T215. WC17 had civy instruments most WC26 had military style ones, however early WC26 still had civy instruments (mine does) No doubt there were other detail differences but these are the ones I am aware of
                    Cheers
                    Rob

Comment

• Thanks Rob,
                      After doing some research I realized that they put out three different number codes, WC 10, WC 17 AND WC 26.

Comment

• I don't have the number codes in front of me but there are more than 3 and some VC numbers also, like this VC-6.

Comment

• Wc

The following info is copied from info I found on the web.

WC-10 WC-17 WC-26 Truck, 1/2 ton, 4x4 Dodge WC Carryall (G505)
                          The Dodge WC-10 and the very similar WC-17, and WC-26, are 1/2 ton carryall body trucks with slightly different engines and other small differences. All are part of the WC model series G-505, built by Dodge during 1941 or early 1942. If you don't have the vehicle dataplate, to differentiate you must know the U.S. Government registration number (Army number on the hood) or the serial number which can be found stamped on the left front frame.

Model Serial Number Range Hood Number Range
                          WC-10 8644701-8666216
                          8666301-8676719 W209868-W209999
                          W2010000-W2010208
                          W2015120-W2015243
                          W2023309-W2024486
                          WC-17 8676901-??? W2025967-W2026129
                          W2026533-W2026643
                          WC-26 81500001-??? W2022397-W2053446
                          W2053447-W2053496

Comment

• Another Question

heres another one for the carryall experts?? How much differences are there in the bodies between the VC, 1/2 and 3/4 ton series. Obviously the guards are different but will the bodies and other body fittings such as windows, rear tail gates, seats, etc interchange. Just one of those things I would like to know.
                            Cheers
                            Rob S

Comment

• While there are obvious changes such as the battery box , running boards and fender cut-out changes, there may be a few other minor differences in what was basically the same body stamping...
                              Paul in NY said that the barn style door openings are a few inches taller than the lift gate openings...

Comment

• Recently acquired

Here is a shot of the latest addition to the collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X