• Originally posted by mcinfantry View Post
      I'm sending this in as my rebuttal comparable
      http://classiccars.com/Classifieds/L...A14AE37F&cs=11
      They'll send this back:

Comment

• Dammit

Comment

• Yah dodgepowerwagon.com

or Power wagon page . You post over there . Basically take a look at the photo adds and under there is a sold section . You have all the proof you need . Got to be 5 or 6 carryalls in decent condition and comparable to yours . There is 2 half decent ones for about 8 grand each for sale in the photo section and a bunch of sold ones listed too .

Bruce

link http://imageevent.com/powerwagon/sold

Comment

• Bruce, shoot me a email. I want to send you an email about my truck I am unwilling to post on the Internet.

Comment

• man I need to sign up again

could not get to your profile / email address
              try this and I will reply .
              (edited once Lee replied )

Hey I am working on the Carryall again . Looking at a welder tomorrow . Of course the best deal I found this morning and the fellow has not got back to me . I am at work right now , will check the emails when I get home .

Bruce

Comment

• Thanks, sent.

What type welder?

Comment

• millermatic 251

He wants 1300 for it . I will wait a week and if he does not reply i am going to have to break down and buy a new 252 . My scratch TIG welder is too much of a challenge to fight with . TIGs do not like to weld old crusty metal together and I have enough problems doing decent welds without having to deal with contamination and porosity too .

Bruce in BC

reply sent back.

Comment

• Welder

Millermatic 350P liquid cooled, oh baby. Anything you want, all day long, plus it pulse's. 20 gauge up to 2" plate.

James

Good luck Lee with your rig.

Comment

• Bruce the 251 actually welds better than the 252,
                      I have a 251 at home... My brother was working at a shop with a 252.. he said it was hard to get a clean bead, the weld seemed to spatter more.

Comment

• I have a lead on a 251 but it may have sold

The guy had several postings and keeps renewing his ad for almost the last 6 months . He would be out of town for quite awhile , last ad was in sept . So I am waiting for a reply and actively hunting for a 251 . There is a Millermatic 200 at the school that I really like too ,but the used ones that I have seen for sale look too beat up for my taste . Thanks for the information on the 252 .

Bruce

Comment

• More work of my WC53

I had to do some small modifications to my rotisserie in order to put the body onto it. It sure is nice to turn the body anyway I need to. Years ago somebody rivited an aluminum top onto my Carryall. It saved certain spots, but made others worse. Now I get to grind all the rivits, weld all the holes, then regrind all the welds. Sure glad I have a 1/4" copper plate to put behind all them holes while welding. I think there is 242 holes.

When the snow melts, and the Sun comes out I'll do some blasting.

James

Comment

• Two Hundred & Forty-two holes! That copper spoon/paddle will get a work out fer sure.

Comment

• WC53 update

More work going on in the garage. I blasted some of the spots that needed repair. Both "B" post supports were rotten, along with the surounding sheet metal. I needed to fix the support problem before I could turn the body upside down to finish blasting. I cut away the sheet metal, and then blasted away anything that was left over, then repaired the "B" post supports. The small inner panel behind the drivers door was also repaired. The drivers quarter panel must of had a gas can or something mounted to it, but it was in pretty bad shape. It's now sitting on the garage floor. The small panel in front of the battery box was cut out and repaired. I made all the patch panels out of 16 gauge, and the "B" post structure was made out of 1/4" x 1 1/2" flat bar, it gives it a little more stiffness. The large quarter panel will be next, along with both front window winders boxes. Here are some pictures.
                              James

Comment

• A few more pics

Look what Mrs. Santa got me for Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                                X