Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Gary!

Comment

• Thanks, Ugg! Gary's last picture answers the question on floors. Where yours butt up to the body sides the Townies have a gap, maybe 1" to 1 1/2" between body sides and floor. Pretty weird and not real bright if ya ask me, but nobody did.

Comment

• Jimmie:

Ya know, mine is different that Gary's, as there's frame type deals on the lower sides.

BC Bruce:

I was thinkin that maybe cut out the inner walls, doing any NEEDED work, then tacking em back. Also, with the rubber hoses, having em all connect, then going out thru the floor.

Gary:

The sweeps are a good idea. They actually DID have em in the 1st place, but I can't tell how good they were by today's standards.

Later
        Ugg

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Weaklend View Post
          ... Now I get to take the radiator out "again" to get to the front unless someone has a better idea on stopping a leak.
          (careful Norm.....keep it clean... :-)
          Clean?? I've very clean...just like presidential candidates...= )
          I took this radiator out a few weeks ago, it didn't run hot or use coolant, but it sure leaked, but not on the ground??? Didn't find this damage until I pulled it out. I speculate that it leaked out of one core and then sucked back in the next???

MN

Comment

• Norm & Gary radiator stuff.

Norm that coolant has been sitting there since it was spilled. It was spilled way back when the rad was last filled. Since then the coolant has been sitting there waiting for you . That cheap aluminum plastic tank rad is fine. The new one is going to split along the top 4 days after the warrenty runs out. And NO you can not fix it with epoxy.

Gary - depending on where the leak is it is possible to fix a rad in the vehicle . Popping out the grill is sometimes much faster than taking out the rad. The factory now tosses in a form of bars leak before a vehicle leaves the assemble line . Not sure who does this but I had a list in one of my courses that said as much and listed the companies too .

I will print some new pictures this week

Ugg - Seriously it is time to clean up 100 square feet of garage. You are being sent a massage that your truck must not be parked under that cover . Hide stuff in your attic or crawl space if necessary . Next week do 100 more and store your carryall in the clear spot for a few days. If that does not work buy a shipping container and tell your neighbours that it is a emergency shelter .
            That cover may be like a trailer park . It may attract storms , trees or tornados . Watch for the signs , listen and act. You ...have....been...warned ...boom ,,,boom ,,,boom boom .

Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce in BC View Post
              Norm that coolant has been sitting there since it was spilled. It was spilled way back when the rad was last filled. Since then the coolant has been sitting there waiting for you . That cheap aluminum plastic tank rad is fine. The new one is going to split along the top 4 days after the warrenty runs out. And NO you can not fix it with epoxy....
              Bruce
              Wish it was that simple! There was no spill and that radiator is brass/bronze, whatever. It has been replaced by an all aluminum cross flow, no leaks!
              MN

Comment

• It was always my thought that Chrysler Corporation or the other companies that would later join its coporate fold came up with the first truck 'station wagon' or Carryall type body style in 1933. True or false?

http://www.classictruckshop.com/club...bs/history.htm

The website at the link is slanted towards GM but contains info down the page.

Comment

• False,
                  Dodge/Graham Trucks have been using "Screen Side" Panel models since 1916.
                  MN

Comment

• Since this is a Carryall thread I thought I would post a picture from the D Day parade here in Vernon, BC.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• jake

great looking truck. steve

Comment

• I'm not sure who belongs to the truck, it may have been the truck that Dave Butler was driving in the tour.
                        My boys and I enjoyed seeing the vehicles and talking with the guys. We had a number of locals driving thier military rigs in part of the designated trip.

Comment

• Hey Jake do you have any more pictures of that Carryall ?

Thanks for the picture . I wonder what part of the world that Carryall calls home .

Bruce .

If you have a few more shots I am sure that most of us would be interested in viewing them.

Missed out on 2 4bts that I was trying to get delivered to Seatle , both running and complete but smokey . Dovebid has a couple in Vancouver Washington . One of them a burn job . I would love to bid on the toasted one but getting it up here is problematic .

Comment

• The stepvans aren't all that heavy but they're definitly big! The fella that bought my leftover donor truck hooked it up with a tow bar behind his other stepvan and hauled it 300-400 miles to its new home. I think they weigh about 7K but the Frito Lay service manager there in Vancouver could give an exact weight.

Comment

• By the way, I'm not trying to pirate this thread, but to pull out more relevant information as to just what a Carryall is and its history. Seem like the Town Wagon was its later descendant.

Comment

• Not a problem Jim

If you keep looking at this thread you will end up with one.
                                I am going to publish a couple of photos soon and try and keep the thread slightly on track .
                                That is why the thread is titled " all things carryall "
                                If it is going in , on or around a Carryall then the subject qualifies for discussion . All the unstock parts that I have created for the carryall will get posted at one point or another. Hopefully we will get imput from some new folks with carryalls as they find the thread.

Good night

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                                X