Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions About My WC62 Project.

Great Forum! Glad I found it..

I've been gathering items I need to build my dream truck. So far I have a 1942 WC62 6X6',minus front clip and engine, and a good lead on a '47 W300 cab and chassis. My objective is to remove the cab and bed from the WC62 and put the cab from the WM300 onto the WC62 and eventually put a flat bed on it.

I've seen a couple of these rigs on the internet and I really want one.
    Neither of my rigs are complete,but together they will make a Great Truck. I'm going to want to find a venue to sell the bed, open cab and cowling from the WC62, to off set some of my cost's.

Here's my question. I see this site has a "for sale" forum, is this a good place to advertise my stuff,or do you guys know of another place to advertise my parts that is more appropriate.Also,if someone could offer some advice as to a fair asking price,I could have pic's up some
    time early next week.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments.
    Last edited by TROUTS6X6; 02-24-2009, 08:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Sounds like a fun project. I am getting started on my 62 soon. If you are going to get rid of the cab I may be interested. Where are you located? I am also looking for the windshield and seats as well. My email is bulldawg.kahn@gmail.com. Thanks and good luck on your project.

Comment

Thanks for the response..I'm located in Oregon. North Coast area.

I bought the WC62 from a co worker. He lives in Eastern Washington,thats where the truck is located at the moment. I'm finally bringing it home next month.

Yes,It has a good cab on it. Seats too. No windshield frame,but it does have the cowling. The dash is complete. All guages and such. Pretty much rust and dent free through out. Floor boards and running boards look good.

My co worker has had the rig for nearly 20 years. A project that he never got around to. Sometime in the past,the front sheet metal,engine and tranny were sold,but the rest of the truck is intact.

The bed is in Really good shape. I've seen a few online for sale that are pretty rough. This one is surprisingly clean. The tailgate is near perfect.

I'm going to get some really good pic's up on the board early next week.
      Like I said,I only want to keep the running gear and frame.The rest needs to go to a good home.

Comment

As Gordon would point out, post the FREE advertisement here http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/placead.html to his PWA magazine and it will find many folks that do not have internet but love the Advertiser. WW2dodge.com is also a good bet. The add is free here, you'll be helping yourself and the forum. Good luck with the project.

Comment

wc62

I am also interested in parts. I have a wc62 and am looking for a cab that is in better shape than mine.
          yorkgulch@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by 1942-WC54 View Post
            As Gordon would point out, post the FREE advertisement here http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/placead.html to his PWA magazine

Thanks for the Tip! I actually just subscribed to the Magazine. I'll look into that after I get my first issue.

Heres a few pic's of the 6X6... After looking at the front bumper, it may be a WC63. Apparently,someone in the past welded a plate accross the bumper.

Anyway, heres the pic's. The tailgate isn't as "pristine" as I remember,but its nice. The bed is Exceptionally Nice.

york and ghengus, take a look at the pic's. Let me know what you think. I wouldn't mind seperating the cab and the bed,but I'd like to get rid of it all at the same time. I will also part it out,but I would like to wait and see if someone would be interested in All of it as a package.

I'm adding a Photobucket link of 40 plus pic's for anyone who is interested.
            http://s585.photobucket.com/albums/ss294/TROUTS6X6/

Comment

I am interested in bed and seats if you are selling. ejongaro@hughes.net

Comment

wc62? 63

I really don't need the bed but would certainly consider it if you want to sell the bed cab and seats together. I could then sell off the pieces I dont need to those that need them.
                I believe you are right the long front frame is a wc63. Also the bed with all of the wood is a late model bed. 1944/1945 I think. The late model also has the larger diff. You can tell by the cover that bolts on.
                Email me and let me know how much you want.
                Craig yorkgulch@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for the info on the bed wood and diff's.
                  I'll start getting back to the replys as soon as i can,somtimes it might take me a few days because i often work away fom home anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks.

What my big questions are on selling this stuff is where people are located and if there planning on showing up in the drive way or if there's going to be some shipping involved. That will have a effect on how it will happen parting it out or whole.

I did have a question about the lug nuts on the rear wheels. It looks like there set up for dual wheels. I was told that they never had that set up. So any info on that would be great.

Thanks again, and i'll get back to youre emails soon.

Comment

parts

I may be interested in the folding squad leader's seat on the front of the bed. If you don't want to sell it would you consider sending me a few detail photos of the seat?

Thanks
                    Mike Haines
                    1943 WC62

Comment

My 2 Cents Worth

That WC is in restorable condition. I would recommend restoring it as a WC or selling it to someone who will. Here are a few photos of PW cabs on WC chasis. I am building one of these myself, but I am cobbling together drive train from one truck, frame from anothe and cab from a PW, none of which were restorable.
                      Attached Files

Comment

A Few More Pics

attached
                        Attached Files

Comment

Last Pics

attached
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wc-62

Trouts,
                            I am interested in your tailgate, give me a call or email. I'm in the central coast of Ca.
                            Thank-you
                            Greg
                            greg4812@gmail.com
                            cell - 805.268.4721

Also, as far as I know the rear wheels were only single on all of the WC vehicles.
                            Last edited by farboat; 03-05-2009, 11:45 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Working...
                            X