We're back to religion and politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're back to religion and politics

I'm looking at 3"+ of snow that has fallen since 9:00AM- looks like it'll be 6" before it stops. Tomorrow we're due for 12-18", on top of January's numerous dumps. Yesterday's paper had an "explanation" of how all this fits into Global Warming- more snow will fall due to disrupted weather patterns and more open ocean surface area exposed by melting polar ice packs.

Sounds like quite a stretch to me. Ever since the end of the Eocene Period, Earth has had alternate periods of Warmth and Ice- the Warmth lasts between 9-15,000 years, followed by Ice for an average of 50,000 years. The further you are from the last Ice Age, the closer you are to the next one, so far we've had 50 of them. The present Interglacial Period has lasted about 15,000 years- one of the longer ones.

During the last Ice Age, glaciers 5000 ft thick covered the U.S. as far south as Texas. Once an Ice Age starts, it develops a lot more rapidly than people think. Ice is highly reflective, so as more land area is covered, solar absorption drops, and so do surface temps and air temps, leading to more snow, etc, etc. It's interesting to note at the end of an InterGlacial, you see conditions very much like todays- retreating glaciers, reduced polar ice, unstable climate- then very abruptly- a change to lots of rain during shorter summers, and lots of snow during longer winters. But Not to Worry- Once Global Cooling gets underway,the environmental crowd will insure it's all "our" fault!

You are going to offend Al Gore; there is just no way around it!

I hope you do, keep up the good work.

Comment

It has begun in earnest here. Supposedly we will see 12 inches or more in the next 24 hours.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

1-2" here

yup----as I live and breathe his is what we call a blue norther moving in. this morning when I woke up it was 69 degrees at 6:00 am,upon arrival at work 80 miles away it was 41 degrees.

All this week it is going to be cold with the best chamce of snow on Friday.

I wonder if Al Gore is all suggled in his govt paid housing.

Global Warming HA-HA.

Comment

algore is safe and snug in his Santa Barbara, seaside home...funny he must not think the ocean will rise afterall...hypocrite...

Comment

Here in Northern Indiana we have had our third major snowstorm in about 6 weeks, don't know what the total snowfall for the winter is but I am sure it will surpass 1967, 1978, and 1979 when we had major blizzards, but this winter there have been 3, oh, and by the way I hope every one on here offends Al Gore, it's good for what ails him!
            Tom

Comment

Here he is,HA

Al Gore: Blizzard of 2011 May Be So Fierce Because of Global WarmingFeb 2, 2011 – 3:05 PM

.Text Size Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on LifestreamTorie Bosch
              Contributor
              It's the global warming denier's favorite "gotcha": If the planet is heating up, then why are we getting so much snow?

(Remember the snickers when the 2009 Copenhagen climate-change summit was interrupted by snowfall?)

But Al Gore, patron saint of global warming believers, isn't brooking any of that nonsense.

Last week, Bill O'Reilly asked on his Fox News show, "Why has southern New York turned into the tundra?" He also quipped that he had a call out to Gore.

Gore has now responded via his blog Al's Journal. "I appreciate the question," he writes. "As it turns out, the scientific community has been addressing this particular question for some time now, and they say that increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with what they have been predicting as a consequence of man-made global warming."

He goes on to quote Chicago Tribune journalist Clarence Page, who in February 2010 wrote, "scientists have been warning for at least two decades that global warming could make snowstorms more severe."

In this video from Accuweather, scientist Dr. Charles Keller notes that global warming may indeed lead to more snow in parts of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXbI8...layer_embedded

TGP
              WDX & Misc. Pics.
              http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
              "47" Dodge WDX WW
              "52" Dodge M-37 WW
              "54" Willys M38A1
              "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
              "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
              "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
              "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
              "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
              "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

2011 Blizzard!

We just had two feet of global warming with 60 mph winds and six foot drifts.

In the pictures, you can see the drifts across the street. The snowblower was stressed to handle the dig out.

Is it June yet?
                Attached Files

Comment

It took about 150,000,000 years for plankton from the Jurassic period to change into the crude we use today. Along with methane, coal and other hydrocarbons, oil sequestered a tremendous amount of carbon in the ground.

World production of crude is about 26,400,000,000 barrels a year. It has taken us only 200 years to burn about 50% of the worlds oil reservers. In effect we have used in 200 years what took nature 75,000,000 to make.

In just one year the USA releases about 6,000,000,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide from burning fossil fuels. The world releases about 20,000,000,000 metric tons.

Thats just one year folks. It's very simple math. The more insulating gas in the atmosphere the more heat earth will retain.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumJo View Post
                    It took about 150,000,000 years for plankton from the Jurassic period to change into the crude we use today. Along with methane, coal and other hydrocarbons, oil sequestered a tremendous amount of carbon in the ground.

World production of crude is about 26,400,000,000 barrels a year. It has taken us only 200 years to burn about 50% of the worlds oil reservers. In effect we have used in 200 years what took nature 75,000,000 to make.

In just one year the USA releases about 6,000,000,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide from burning fossil fuels. The world releases about 20,000,000,000 metric tons.

Thats just one year folks. It's very simple math. The more insulating gas in the atmosphere the more heat earth will retain.
                    Are you a kin to Al?? Sounds like there may possibly be a connection.

Comment

No, I'm not "a kin" to Al. Facts are facts. Billions of tons of thermal insulation is being added to our atmosphere. Just like anything else more insulation equals greater potential to retain heat.

Comment

You are really convinced that he cares?

All that insulation hasn't been very efficient here this winter.

Agreed, facts are facts; I'm getting tired of the government pumping millions of US tax $$ into his crap agenda; many of which they take from ME.

Most down here have wised up to what he is and what he stands for; that is SELF, and to think up a bigger lye than the last one (getting hard to do) in order to keep the millions of US tax dollars flowing his way.

Do a little research on old Al, find out just what he is personally donating to the cause of environmental issues; I don't imagine it will take you long to catch on either. Google his houses in Tennessee and California; there you can read all about how concerned he is with conserving energy among other things to help out with the global warming situation he constantly preaches about to us. Check out his personal corporate jet also, it's a real economizer model. Now he would say it's totally obsurd for you and I not to fly commercial to the crap crusades; but not Al, he deserves privacy during flight, at taxpayer expense of course. He's just a little to good to fly commercial I guess.

Hypocrite, now that's putting it mildly.

Comment

De DE de DE de...

We break your regularly scheduled program to bring you this late breaking news...

A thread on PWA was hijacked earlier this evening. The hijacker has twisted the thread. It is now his own personal political shooting gallery.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programing.

Comment

All I can say is it's too darn cold.

Bucky

Comment

Al Gore snakeoil salesman & gullible warming profiteer

tell Al Gore, that child scaring,gullible warming profiteer to come and get all this *%^$#^ Globull warming dust off my driveway.
                              paging Al Gore... Mr. Al Gore... please pick up the white courtesy phone....Mr al gore God is on line 1, and it sounds like hes laughing.

paging Al Gore Copenhagen is on line 2 ... they want their Nobel prize back.

Al has been kinda quiet since he got caught humping that massage therapist like a poodle. Thats not the reason for his recent divorce , the divorce is to protect half the illgotten Gullible warming profits. look for a very generous settlement for tipper 50%++ will be awarded to tipper and therefore untouchable when this carbon $$$ scam gets to court.

Comment

Working...
                              X