Ffpw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ffpw

Some of us here may be aware of a recent rise in popularity of using a few controversial terms and abbreviations to describe or designate the 1-ton Power Wagon. These include: flatfender, flat fendered, flatfender power wagon, ff, FF, FFPW, ffpw, and flattie. (Please xcuse me if I missed a any.) "Flat fender Power Wagon" and "FFPW" are even used for reference purposes in the above header of this sub-forum.

Whether right or wrong, the term "Flatfender", and its variants, have long been been used in jeep collector circles to describe the early Jeep Universals, typically those produced before the introduction of the CJ5 and CJ6 models. Through exhaustive and thorough research I have determined that the first documented use of the term "flat fender" on an internet forum in reference to a 1-ton Power Wagon took place on January 6, 1998. The first recorded use of the abbreviation "FFPW" occurred over four years later in March of 2002. The world was forever changed.

Almost immediately after these terms were first used, debate began about their validity. It continues today. Most often it is tongue-in-cheek and lighthearted, sometimes not.

If you are still reading, chances are you have an opinion on the subject. Now is your chance to vote in a poll. Pick the choice that most closely represents your feelings, or, discuss here. Remember, play nice. This is all in fun.
Working...
X