New to the PW scene..Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake View Post
    I would definitely recommend not buying it because it will only aggravate the P W bug and make it worse...
    Sorry Jake. I have to respectfully disagree here. I say scratch that itch! Even if you park the truck in your yard and it never moves you'll never get tired of looking at it.

Comment

Hey Tony hows the PTO drive working for you?
      Or did you get a chance to install it? Mine is still sitting on the shelf where I put it after cleaning it, but it looks good...

Comment

opinions may vary but I think if you are buying it for less than $3000 your not loosing any money. Buy it before the black suburbans home in on your deal :)

Comment

thanks Ray. I will know next week if I can buy it or not.

Comment

I'm with Ray. If you can get it for $3,000 or less the box and rear fenders are worth that. John

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
              Hey Tony hows the PTO drive working for you?
              Or did you get a chance to install it? Mine is still sitting on the shelf where I put it after cleaning it, but it looks good...
              It's cleaned up and has fresh seals so it's ready to go. I just haven't had the time to install it yet. I'm hoping to get the winch working by the end of the summer but the summer sure is going fast. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

I have been quoted a price on the PW I posted a picture of above. I can get if for less that $3000. Problem is I will need to have it transported about 650 miles.

Anyone have any suggestions or guesses on what this might cost? This is the only thing holding up the purchase right now.

Comment

I used McNutt Auto Transport. They moved my '56 from Col. to NJ for $1,200.00. It took about 4 days from the phone call to get the truck home.

Steve

Comment

Phone number

McNutt Auto Transport...(800) 755-2324

steve

Comment

I used uship.com open an account and post how much your willing to pay. I offered $600 for the same distance for a non running power wagon and got a response in 2 days. Worked out good for me. (600 mi not Co to NJ))
                      Last edited by Ray; 07-11-2009, 07:59 AM. Reason: distance

Comment

Yesterdays Tractors

Mike,

Check the website yesterdaystractors.com. I've heard you can get hooked up with some good deals with the guys that are transporting tractors around the country.

Good luck with your great find!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Can anyone give me a rough estimate of height, length, width, and weight? I appreciate all the help.

Comment

Turns out I am not going to be able to get this truck. If anyone else is interested it is $2200 and is located in Alabama.

Comment

Do you have any contact info on that truck?......

Comment

Kevin, send me an email at lytleville@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X