47 wdx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clint

thanks clint you hit the nail on the head. I didnt know they came with hub blank off plates, are these hard to find. Also is the orange paint on my rear axle left over from an orange paint job of the rear axle from the factory ?

Comment

Originally posted by preaction View Post
      thanks clint you hit the nail on the head. I didnt know they came with hub blank off plates, are these hard to find. Also is the orange paint on my rear axle left over from an orange paint job of the rear axle from the factory ?
      Anyone who has put lockings hubs on their truck probably has drive flanges left over. If you can not find any locally, you might check Vintage Power Wagons, or Dennis Sherman who is closer to you.

If the color is kind of a rusty red/orange, it could be the original coating applied before it was painted. If you ever take apart your transmission or transfer case apart you will find this same red/orange on the internal castings. Some have said it was the red oxide primer, but it appears a lot tougher to me.

Comment

sounds about right

Im looking for some advice for how far to go with this truck. Is it ok to clean up the oxidation on the paint ? I believe it will come back very well. Is cleaning the dirt and grease build up going to farr ? Ill try to post pics tonight. Some have said to do nothing, leave it alone. I never had a vechicle in this situation and any sugestions would help. thanks paul

Comment

pics

been trying but no luck, can any one tell me what number on my power wagon advistiser is the one used for this site ? thanks

Comment

marquette boom ? model 140n

Ive tried google and no help. this is mounted on my truck and am looking for some info.

Comment

Working...
            X