Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1966 WM-300 radiator blowing water out of cap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at an engine rebuilder's place some 20+ years ago and was shocked to see how they "refinished" the mating surface of the heads.

The machine looked like the conveyor belt set up at the check out counter of any grocery store. The belt was a large piece of sandpaper. The guy set the head on, threw a sandbag on top, and then ran it for a few seconds. It didn't seem like anything for precision work although I suppose it might straighten out a head that had some warpage to it.

Comment

Head Bolts

Does anyone know whre I could procure a set of head bolts for my 66 WM-300 251-3 L-head engine?

I replaced the head gasket, magnafluxed and ground the head. Upon further examination of head bolts they look as if they have never been removed. Bolts have excessive pitting and seems most are bent.

Have been to all of the auto supply stores NAPA, etc wih no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob2 View Post
        Does anyone know whre I could procure a set of head bolts for my 66 WM-300 251-3 L-head engine?

I replaced the head gasket, magnafluxed and ground the head. Upon further examination of head bolts they look as if they have never been removed. Bolts have excessive pitting and seems most are bent.

Have been to all of the auto supply stores NAPA, etc wih no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
        Give us a call, 704-474-4683, we can help you.

Comment

Working...
        X