Seat Covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage Truck?

If PW seats are the same as what's in the Job Rated 2WD trucks, you might Vintage Truck magazine or their web site. Seems there a few of those restored, too. Couldn't hurt, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
      If PW seats are the same as what's in the Job Rated 2WD trucks, you might Vintage Truck magazine or their web site. Seems there a few of those restored, too. Couldn't hurt, I guess.
      True true, couldnt hurt, thanks for the lead.

Comment

seat cover patern

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        Oh well, story of my life, a day late and a dollar short!

Ill find a competent upholstery shop and talk to them, thanks anyway.

Nick
        my seats have to be recovered soon when i have them off the seat frames i can make a pattern from them & send them to you.

Comment

how about $450.00 for just the base

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Well, I spent the day drivin around to virtually every single upholstery place in town. I know I need to blast and paint or powder coat the seat springs and frame.

I am particular in the fabric i want, but jeeze, the cheapest I found to do the seat was 300 bucks. Thats for the material thats not exactly what I want, padding, bulap and install.

Is it me or is that kinda expensive? Ranges were from 450 to 300. I could buy the seat kit and cover from Roberts for less, but its not the material I really want. The material isnt that expensive cuz only one place asked what I wanted and he said no difference.

Nick
          Tommys auto upholstery Gave Me a price of $450.00 for just the base the seat. Back of the seat has only a small tear. A small auto upholsery place gave a price of $450 for both seat & back.

I asked a place in Victoria called Tommys auto upholstery how much to recover the base of My seat because the back of the seat is ok except for a small tear and that is what I was told.
          Last edited by PWFFnut; 05-28-2011, 06:43 AM. Reason: computer crashed

Comment

Wow, guess 300 isnt that bad then, just seems kinda high.

Comment

Originally posted by PWFFnut View Post
              my seats have to be recovered soon when i have them off the seat frames i can make a pattern from them & send them to you.

That would be cool, cuz then I could get my own material, make them and install them myself! Cool, lemme know if that happens. How soon is soon??

Thanks
              Nick

Comment

As soon as I get set up in My shop

I am in the process of moving to a new shop. I took the engine out of one of My parts trucks and intalled it in My 56 PW. Only to find that the engine had been frozen & the block cracked when I cleaned the side of the block i must have losened the sealant whatever that was bacause it fell of there for that is My first concern next will be the seat. So if you can hold on for a little while say in the next month or two. I am very tired of geting seat springs where thay do not belong!

Comment

Originally posted by PWFFnut View Post
                  I am in the process of moving to a new shop. I took the engine out of one of My parts trucks and intalled it in My 56 PW. Only to find that the engine had been frozen & the block cracked when I cleaned the side of the block i must have losened the sealant whatever that was bacause it fell of there for that is My first concern next will be the seat. So if you can hold on for a little while say in the next month or two. I am very tired of geting seat springs where thay do not belong!
                  Sounds good, Im gettin the run around from the body shop and paint shop, so its gonna be two months or so before I even get the cab back from paint to install the interior.

Thanks
                  Nick

Comment

Working...
                  X