Clear All

Lookin good Jerry!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Quite a transformation, Jerry!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
        Quite a transformation, Jerry!
        Thanks, Matt. It's nice making one look like this, not a full on restoration, but sort of a makeover. But the dream find to me is the one that has been sitting somewhere here in Idaho in a barn, forgotten for 50 years. I would really like to have a truck like the ones Clint Dixon and Mike Stone (and others) have.

Comment

Yeah, I hear ya, Jerry. Mine was also not a full-on restoration, but more of a rebuild, although I think you took your cab off the frame, which is more than I did (more than my body shop did, that is, which was ok with me).

I, too, have a great appreciation for the original beauties like the ones owned by Clint and others. Regardless, though, it's nice to see other ones like yours come together for a great renewal.

Comment

Jerry's Rebuild

You give many of us inspiration, Jerry as we watch what you do, and you can tell by all the views your posts get. For us new guys we also wonder if we can follow through on our projects, but you give us hope.

My son has decided not to build a home this year across the street from our house. As we've shared, he is having a hard time finding a builder to work with and he and his wife decided they want a bit more home than they can afford. Best they wait another year. So, my shop to rebuild my grandson's 1950 is on hold. We'll do what we can this summer as it sits outside, but summer up here means fishing so not a lot of free time. When summer only lasts about two months there's lots to fit in. Keep posting photos of your progress. Remember the offer is still open to come up and build a house in AK.

Comment

Originally posted by KenaiGary View Post
              You give many of us inspiration, Jerry as we watch what you do, and you can tell by all the views your posts get. For us new guys we also wonder if we can follow through on our projects, but you give us hope.

My son has decided not to build a home this year across the street from our house. As we've shared, he is having a hard time finding a builder to work with and he and his wife decided they want a bit more home than they can afford. Best they wait another year. So, my shop to rebuild my grandson's 1950 is on hold. We'll do what we can this summer as it sits outside, but summer up here means fishing so not a lot of free time. When summer only lasts about two months there's lots to fit in. Keep posting photos of your progress. Remember the offer is still open to come up and build a house in AK.
              Thanks, Gary.
              I guess that's what these forums are all about. Inspiring. I have certainly been on the receiving end of that inspiration so I'm glad what I'm doing has been helpful.

Comment

She's just about done. After my hand is back to use, I will complete the head and side boards. But right now, licensed and insured, and on the road!!

Comment

Jerry's Power Wagon

Looking great, Jerry! You should be proud, particularly as you drive it. Looks like you need some winch cable ; >) or is that wench cable?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Henry View Post

She's just about done. After my hand is back to use, I will complete the head and side boards. But right now, licensed and insured, and on the road!!
                    Beautiful.
                    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by KenaiGary View Post
                      Looking great, Jerry! You should be proud, particularly as you drive it. Looks like you need some winch cable ; >) or is that wench cable?
                      Yes, cable is on the list, but with 3 other trucks in my midst with winches, it will remain a lowern priority due to cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
                        Beautiful.
                        Thank you, Gordon. Coming from the "main man" here, I consider that a real compliment. Your magazine, loaned to me by a friend way back in the earliest stages of it's publication, is what re-ignited my interest in Power Wagons.

Comment

Awesome bed Jerry. Ive always liked the looks of these trucks with flat beds on em, specially well fabricated ones, and yours is very well done.

Now get to drivin!! I drove mine for another 29 miles today!! So many thumbs ups and compliments, and I don't even have a bed on it yet. You'll get tons of em!!

Congrats!!

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            Awesome bed Jerry. Ive always liked the looks of these trucks with flat beds on em, specially well fabricated ones, and yours is very well done.

Now get to drivin!! I drove mine for another 29 miles today!! So many thumbs ups and compliments, and I don't even have a bed on it yet. You'll get tons of em!!

Congrats!!

Nick
                            Thanks Nick. It's been a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Henry View Post
                              Thanks Nick. It's been a lot of fun.
                              It is a lot of fun isn't it?? Ill tell ya, in driving the 33.7 miles my truck has on it, I don't think Ive stopped smiling the whole time. Watchin peoples reactions, staring, all kinds of stuff. I think Im definitely gonna like driven it more than the restoration. Don't get me wrong, the work has been fun, and its satisfying that Ive done what I have, and knowing I can drive it cuz of that, but driving it is the ultimate.

PS, I hope your arm is doin better

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                                It is a lot of fun isn't it?? Ill tell ya, in driving the 33.7 miles my truck has on it, I don't think Ive stopped smiling the whole time. Watchin peoples reactions, staring, all kinds of stuff. I think Im definitely gonna like driven it more than the restoration. Don't get me wrong, the work has been fun, and its satisfying that Ive done what I have, and knowing I can drive it cuz of that, but driving it is the ultimate.

PS, I hope your arm is doin better
                                Thanks, it is. I can actually use my fingers on the left hand a lot more now. Anxious to have the thumb back, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X