No announcement yet.

Omaha Orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally finished the headboard and side boards.

Comment

Wow! This looks great, Jerry. The wood looks really nice as well as the crossbar. What else is left?

Comment

Very very nice. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by KenaiGary View Post
          Wow! This looks great, Jerry. The wood looks really nice as well as the crossbar. What else is left?
          Thanks, Gary. I need to come up with a plan to fill the space between the vertical posts that will protect the window but not hide the details in the cab. I'm thinking about either either horizontal or vertical round rods, 3/8" or 1/2" thick, welded to two pieces of angle, so the whole unit might be removable.
          And, I still have to come up with either a 12v wiper motor, a vacuum motor, or a suitable way to reduce 12v to 6v to run the one I have. Then there is cable to buy for the winch, oil leaks on the pto to track down and fix. And......pull the windshield, AGAIN, to see why it won't seal down tight on the driver's side. By the time I figure out and solve all this, something else will probably come along. Ha Ha

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Very very nice. Well done!
            Thanks, Nick. Yours is coming along nicely as well. I am really glad to see all these cool old trucks being resurrected instead of crushed and sent across the ocean, made into little cars that will only last a few years, and sent back to us.

Comment

Jerry,

Nice set up on the front turn signals!

Will
              I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
              Will
              WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
              1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
              1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
              1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
              2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Originally posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
                Jerry,

Nice set up on the front turn signals!

Will
                Thanks Will. A couple of hours fabricating, but I didn't want to drill through the outer grill guard. This way the bracket is held in place by an existing bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Henry View Post
                  Thanks Will. A couple of hours fabricating, but I didn't want to drill through the outer grill guard. This way the bracket is held in place by an existing bolt.
                  Yea, on my 49 they drilled through the top mounting bolt and mounted them that way, I like the nice work you did much better. On my 46, I went with some hot rod headlights with integral LED turn signals. again very nice.

Will
                  I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                  Will
                  WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                  1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                  1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                  1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                  2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Jerry-Long list, some easy and some challenging. I'm giving up on my windshield leaking. I'm working on sealing it, but won't be able to crank it open. After reading all the nightmares about redoing it, the bad rubber strips from the vendors and difficulty getting it all back without a different leak, I'm going to surrender. I admire your persistence. I still have the cowl vent for ventilation.

Hate to do it, but my life is too darn crazy right now with my Dad's health and him in a nursing home, fighting with his wife and her kids (money grubbers) selling his house in PA, and more.

It's possible our son could build on the lot across the street from us late this summer as he has finally found a builder that might work out. I can redo the windshield in a few years, but I also have to start working on the 1950. I'm tired of draping towels over the dash to catch the water leaks and we can get a bunch or rain between now and freeze-up. Too darn many fun projects, but life keeps getting in the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X