tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tail lights

Have '49 B1PW-noticed recently that tail lights stay dimly lit after all other lights are turned off-key switch is turned off too. Current wiring has not been fooled with for 10 years or so-truck is used regularly-no recent work of any type-suggestions? Thanks, Mark Schaffield

Fascinating.

Try disconnecting the battery lead to the headlight switch. [disconnect the battery before you do that.]

I suspect it is the headlight switch, although I have never seen one fail that way.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Tail lights on when off

If only the tail lights remain dimly lit (both) and not the head lights or cowl lights or other separate turn signal lights, then maybe the problem is in the brake circuit. Do they eventually go off?
      DavidGB

Comment

current leaks

Although I don't have much experience w FFPW I have had this with other cars/trucks. Usually dim lights mean a high resistance short from continuously powered circuit in a switch, through other components (coil), solder joint wire repairs touching in loom, bulb filiments shorting. If u have turn signal setup with 4way flasher could be the culprit. I've also found connectors touching on switch bodies that had high resistance.

Comment

Working...
        X