X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As requested some pictures of the old girl arriving England two weeks ago
    Attached Files

Comment

Very cool. It's always good to see another one saved. Where did it come from? Jerry

Comment

Thanks Jerry

South of Bakersfield Ca. It was born in Ca, so guessing its lived all its life in the sun, plenty of sand in it and very minor superficial rust.

John

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for posting the pics.

Comment

Wow, that's one way to get a truck off a truck. Nice find.

Comment

Welcome!

Welcome to the Power Wagon family John! Glad to see another truck being saved. This forum has been incredibly helpful to me as I restore my 53.
              Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
              2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Thank you Tim, all the best to you and yours for Christmas and the New Year.

John

Comment

Welcome John,
                  You will really enjoy this hobby. Like a big family, but not too big; we know most of each other at least by our "handles".
                  I recently impressed my Brit friend over here. He is a long-time Land Rover admirer, but after driving my power wagon, was very impressed.
                  I would suggest you look at the list that VPW shows of the various manuals, then either buy them from there, or look on ebay for the same one.
                  I got the shop manual for my B-3 as a CD. In hindsight I would prefer a paper version.
                  As I said, many of these manuals pop up on ebay.
                  I even found an owner's manual for a B-3 power wagon. Scarcer than hen's teeth, and pricey to match.
                  BTW, one branch of my family comes from a village just east of Nottingham.

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome and advice Dave, these pages are indeed a friendly place and it feels good to be a little involved.

Your Brit Land rover friend would have to be impressed with the PW, the LR is a great local vehicle and an able off road outfit but any lengthy travel is only to be attempted by the brave or desperate, I think it was originally designed by a machocistic midget with a cast iron backside ('',

Nottinghamshire eh! is that the good or bad side of the family ;)

Nice to hear from you

Joihn

Comment

John,
                      I think that branch of my family, the Coopers, were "good". But I have my share of black sheep like everyone else, LOL
                      They were homesteaders to the Great Plains (Kansas) here in the 1800's.
                      Yes, for extreme heavy work the PW wins. The strength of the frame and axles, for example are hard to compare anything else to vintage wise, especially for the price involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X